Friday 13 September 2019

All the Finales On My TBR!

Hey guys, this is Abi here,
And even though I've always been a fan of posting TBR lists: Debut authors I want to read, Series I Want to start, one list that I don't think I've ever done is the series finales that I have yet to read, whether I received them in the last week or months back.
These series' finale have started to creep up on me, and I hope you enjoy reading about them.


1. A Sorrow Fierce and Falling (Kingdom on Fire #3), by Jessica Cluess
I've been continuing through this trilogy for as many years as there are books. What made this book interesting to me was that it challenged the idea of the chosen one, the one that will save all of society. Aside from that, the time period that it's set in, the feel of the writing, and the amazing/kick-ass characters at every turn, it was enough to sweep me up into Henrietta story, and the journey she took as she tried to master the elements.
Oh, and there's politics.
After the end of the second book, I know that it's not going to be long until I pick up ASFAF, so this trilogy is definitely one that I'll be able to add to my "Completed series" list on my 2019 Wrap Up.


2. Wildcard (Warcross #2), by Marie Lu
Wildcard has been on the list the longest, by far. The first book was read and reviewed back in 2016, and I've had the copy of Wildcard since January, after my boyfriend Jordan finished both books and gave them back to me.
I was immediately pulled in by the premise of this duology, purely by the fact that the whole world was obsessed with this VRish videogame world- Warcross. Aside from that, I've always wanted to go to Tokyo.
If you're into Middlegrade, science fiction, or looking for an introduction for either, then I highly recommend this duology. It's such a fast read, and it'll leave you hungry for the next book.



3. Five Dark Fates (Three Dark Crowns #4), by Kendare Blake
These are the copies that I have.
I just got Five Dark Fates today and assuming I finish Becoming before tomorrow (I should do, I only have about 45 minutes at this point in time- I've been listening for nearly 4 hours straight) I'll be reading it on the train to London tomorrow afternoon.
Even though this is yet another political fantasy series, there has always been the premise of three powerful sisters, each with their own discipline, participating in a fight to the death. The hype for this series is huge and even though I don't typically tend to follow the hype of Booktube, because of the pressure of not liking said series, I have to admit, I'm glad I've stuck with this series.
Highly recommend this.



4. Finale (Caraval #3), by Stephanie Garber
As much as I've had kind of mixed reviews for the first two books, I don't dislike them enough to DNF the series, and from what I've heard, you get to read from both Scarlett and Tella in the third and final book. In the second book, we found out who Legend is. And I definitely want to find out what all the characters end up doing.
I recommend this series if you like reading about characters being swept away in what feels like a dream, but might actually be a nightmare.
This is by far the dreamiest fantasy series it's ever been my fortune to read and I'm so interested to see how it all wraps up.



Okay! Those are all the finales I own but have not yet read! I hope you enjoyed the post and feel free to comment down below any series' that you're hoping to wrap up this year!
I hope you have a wonderful day and I'll see you all soon!
Byeeeee!

-Abi xxxxx









1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete