Monday 2 December 2019

December TBR (2019)

Hey guys, this is Abi here,
And we're into the last month of 2019! And so, with the start of another month, the last of the decade, comes another monthly TBR!
This is what I'm reading this month!
Enjoy!


1. Wildcard (Warcross #2), by Marie Lu
This book has probably been on my unread shelf the longest and I'm so excited to finally be reading it! I'm about 150 pages into this book and it's honestly getting better by the chapter. This is the second and final book in the Warcross duology and it pretty much starts straight after the end of the first book. In this second book, everything has turned on it's head and I'm so interested to see where this book leads.

2. Finale (Caraval #3), by Stephanie Garber
This is the book in my unread pile that I've been putting off the most. Having not particularly liked the second book Legendary, I'm quite hesitant to start it. But, I'm looking forward to reading from both sisters perspectives, as well as finding out how it all wraps up! Let me know in the comments what you thought of the final book in this trilogy!

3. The Priory of the Orange Tree, by Samantha Shannon
I currently need to read two books to complete my Goodreads goal, so I've been saving The Priory of the Orange Tree for when I've achieved that goal for the year and I have the time to get through this INCREDIBLY INTIMIDATING hunk of a book. Aside from that, I want it to be my full attention so I can fully emerge myself into the world and the characters. Because I really want to read this book and something tells me that it's going to a 5 star read.

4. Children of Virtue and Vengeance (Children of Orisha #2), by Tomi Adeyemi
This book isn't even out yet. It's out tomorrow. And I've been waiting for it for about... 6 months. I honestly haven't seen that much hype for this release, especially after Children of Blood and Bone won the Waterstones Children's Book Prize last year. I would have got this book by now but it's actually not allowed out until the release date. But, I will be picking this book up as soon as I can because I can't wait to see what happens next in the second instalment!

5. A Darker Shade of Magic (A Darker Shade of Magic #1), by V.E. Schwab
I want to leave this until last because I don't really want to start another series when everything else I have to read is either the latest book in a series, or a finale, or a standalone. I want to have read everything else before I start this trilogy because I want the opportunity to continue on with the other two books if I want to. The hype for this book is huge, and even though I'm a bit intimidated by it, I'm looking forward to seeing what everyone is talking about.

Okay! That is my December TBR (2019)! It's the last TBR of the year, and I hope you enjoyed it!
Let me know in the comments what you plan to read this month, and we can talk about it!
I hope you have a wonderful day, and I'll see you all soon!
Byeeee!

-Abi xxxx




No comments:

Post a Comment