Thursday 25 May 2023

XO Kitty

 Hey guys, this is Abi here, 

And originally I was going to post a review for Hell Breaks Loose. 

And then it was going to be a tag. 

But now, I can't help but be engrossed by this tv show, which I genuinely thought was going to be a film. 

So, even though I havem't finished the series quite yet, I'm still going to share my thoughts. 

Enjoy guys. 


I'm going to list these in points, because these are just thoughts at the moment, and not fully fleshed out paragraphs. 

1. First things first, this is such an addictive series. I put this on at about 2pm, maybe just before. As I write these words, it's currently half four, I'm on episode 6, and although I know I won't be finishing this series in one fell swoop, I really don't want to stop watching. It doesn't matter that it's heavily in korean (subtitles, of course), I just want to keep watching. 


2. Like all of the To All the Boys I've Loved Before franchise, it's got this lovely aesthetic to it. There are these wonderful scenic shots, the music for these wonderful scenes, and everything is all so crystal clear, everything is just so gorgeous. 


3. I love how detailed the series is. I'm now in the last three episodes and I don't want to leave these characters, this setting, this story. Ten episodes will not be enough. Speaking of the characters, I love them all. I love how well-rounded they are, how amazing their characters arcs are, and I love the way I'm rooting for them all to find their happy endings. 


4. It's extremely well written. The script allows for these beautiful conversations, (and also heartbreaking moments) that make you smile ear-to-ear, send you spiralling in panic when two people are so close to working things out and it gets whisked away in a second, or leave you crying for days. 


Okay, I know these are thoughts, but there was no way I would be able to post about anything else today; I'm too invested in the series. 

If these thoughts have given any kind of message, it should be this: watch this. It helps to have watched the To All the Boys Before franchise, but you don't have to. It stands well by itself. 

I highly recommend this series, I'm heartbroken that I won't get to watch the last episode until another time but I will eventually so, oh well. 

Okay! That's all that I have for you guys today! I hope you have a wonderful evening and I'll see you soon! 

Byeeee! 

-Abi xxxxx



No comments:

Post a Comment