Wednesday 15 June 2016

Library Lovers Book Tag

Hey guys, this is Abi here,
And I thought today I'd do a book tag! (It's around the time that I normally do one, and it's already halfway through June, so why not?)
So, here's the tag!



Library Lovers Book Tag 
I love libraries. I really do. They were my childhood, before I started wanted to keep books (it's too hard to give them back now). But if I hadn't discovered my local library, then odds are I wouldn't have carried on reading, and I wouldn't have this book blog. So I owe a lot to libraries!
Here are the questions!

1. How often do you visit the local library?
Whenever I'm in town, really. (Which isn't often, but I normally end up in town like every fortnight or so). I have a couple of places I make sure I go to every time I'm in town (this literally consists of Waterstones, the library, sometimes Oxfam book shop, and the Air Ambulance charity shop because they also sell books), but by that logic I visit the library every fortnight, or there about. 


2. Are you the type of person who checks out more books than you know you can read or are you someone who only checks out the exact amount of books you intend to read before they are due?
I'm quite time conscious, so my worst fear is having my library books for more than three weeks and having to pay something. Also, if I don't finish all my books I feel like I haven't done that well and I feel bad. So what that translates to is that I check out the amount of books that I can read before they are due. 


3. How old were you when you got your first library card?
Oh god, years ago! I don't remember exactly, but I reckon I was quite young. I'm pretty sure I was 5-7 when I got my first library card. And I still use it today! (It's the same one). 


4. Do you go to the library for a specific book or do do you check out anything that peaks your interest?
There have been a couple of times when I've gone to the library to see if a specific book was there (The Infinite Sea, for example), but I normally just go to the library to see if there's anything new there that looks interesting.


5. Do you use your library to check out just books or do you also check dvds, audiobooks etc?
I normally just go to the library to check out books, but I have rented some dvds there too (Love, Rosie, and If I Stay), but I've only rented out dvds, nothing else. 


6. From what section do you check out the majority of your books? (YA, middle grade, adult, non-fiction). 
Oh definitely YA! Saying that, I do like to take out some middle-grade books out sometimes when I want to relieve childhood favourites, for example, Black Beauty by Anna Sewell or the Malorie Towers books by Enid Blyton (love those books, their so easy reading, and they're so much fun too. Those books made me wish I could go to boarding school, can anyone else relate?)


7. What is your favourite part of using your local library? 
I actually don't know! I can't really say "Because I like the feeling of  growing up there", because they re-decorated it when I was 14, and it just doesn't feel the same. Might be the fact that I can find books there that I don't necessarily think I'll like, but I end up loving. Plus, the books are free, and I don't have to worry about keeping them in pristine condition, especially if I can see that a lot of people have taken them out. Yeah, that's why!

So that is the Library Lovers Book Tag! I think the point of this tag was to try and convince someone that there is a point to libraries! So guys, if you don't already, go to the library and pick out a book! 
So that is all that I have for you all today, and I will see you all on Friday, when I will be doing my review of Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children! (I haven't finished it yet, but I have four more bus journeys in the next two days, plus I only have 80 pages left, so it's only a matter of time). 
Okay, so I'll see you all on Friday! Byeeeee!


-Abi xxxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment