Friday 13 July 2018

Summer READING Book Tag

Hey guys, this is Abi here,
And even though I've done a book tag with a similar name to this one, it is not actually the same.
With 3 books currently left over on my TBR, it seems about the perfect time to talk about what I would like to read this summer!
Enjoy!

1. What are three books you want to get to this summer?
At the moment my top three that I want to get to as soon as I finish my TBR are:
-The Exact Opposite of Okay, by Laura Steven
-The Astonishing Colour of After, by Emily X.R Pan
-Songs About A Boy, by Chris Russell
They are all contemporaries, funny enough. Whether they're hard hitting or fluffy, they are absolutely up there on potential five star reads for this year.

2. What book character most embodies the feeling of summer?
I don't know why, but the character that springs to mind is Levi, from Fangirl. He's just this social butterfly, he's polite to everybody, and even though he isn't the type to do the crazy things that everybody seems to associate with summer, I actually think that he fits the bill. Just picture Cath reading him a story in the park with a picnic.

3. What type of books do you like to read on holiday? And is there a particular books that evokes memories on holiday?
I honestly just go with the books that I most want to read. And depending on how long I'm going for, determines how large they are, and how many I take.
The last time I went on holiday where I could get some solid reading time was Lido de Jesolo, (not far from Venice), and I took a magical realism book (On the Other Side, by Carrie Hope Fletcher); a Sci-fi (Chasing the Stars, by Malorie Blackman); and a contemporary (Since You've Been Gone, by Morgan Matson). The memory is when I just sat and read Since You've Been Gone in a single seating. And it was epic.

4. If you could go on holiday with any author, who would it be and why?
I'm thinking Carrie Hope Fletcher, just because it would be so fun! We both love theatre to bits, and books and writing, and it would just be so much fun!

5. What is the best book you've so far this year?
I did answer this question in one of my last tags, and my answer was Tiny Pretty Things, by Sona Charaipotra! That book was on another level of insane, with so many different issues discussed, also because of the pressure! It perfectly portrays what the life of a ballet dancer is, and I wish more people would read this trilogy!

6. How did you spend your summer holidays as a child and what are your plans for this summer?
Just going to the library! My summers consisted of the summer reading challenges at the library from the time that I could read! (Honestly I swear I was carrying the school with the amount of books that I used to read for those challenges!)
But I would go on holiday for the first week of the hols and then I would spend the rest of the days reading!

As for my plans this summer: work!
(So I can pay for driving lessons.)

Alright so that is all I have for you today!
I hope you have a wonderful weekend and I will see you all on Monday with my review of IT!
Byeee!

-Abi xxxxx



No comments:

Post a Comment