Tuesday 26 February 2019

I Love Spring Book Tag

Hey guys, this is Abi here,
And with spring just around the corner (hopefully- we might get a whole heap of snow in April-like last year) and with the weather being surprisingly hot- I thought it would be fun to do the I Love Spring book tag (even though I can't enjoy it because... work.)
Because, I do love spring- all the daffodils, and that time when you can take off all the layers and enjoy the sunshine :) .
Enjoy!


1. How is Spring Where You Live?
Ermmm... it's okay. All the flowers open up, the days start getting longer, and you start to look forward to all the plans you have in the next few months. (And I am thoroughly looking forward to the next few months... though not the half marathon I have planned... which thankfully happens to be first! (Yes!))


2. Most Anticipated Book Release This Spring?
To save having to pick just one, here is the list of books I'm anticipating this spring:
-Fated, by Teri Terry-7th March- This is a prequel to the Slated trilogy, which happens to be one of my favourite series ever. I'm talking top three. I'm looking forward to this because I have a number of ideas as to whose perspective I will get to read from- and I get to re-read the entire trilogy once more!
-Children of Virtue and Vengence (Children of Orisha #2), by Tomi Adeyemi- 7th March- I loved the first book (like the rest of the world) and I am eagerly awaiting the release of this novel.
-Finale (Caraval #3), by Stephanie Garber- 9th May- Even though I was a little bit underwhelmed by Legendary, I am still going to see this trilogy through to the end. Not only are we going to read from both sisters' perspectives, but I'm looking forward to how they will reach their end.
(There aren't a lot of releases that I'm looking forward to in Spring- mostly in Summer and Autumn.)

3. A Book Cover that Makes You Think of Spring
    
I couldn't pick just one: something about these covers kind of says spring. There's a type of romance, an innocence in each of these stories, and the presence of hope? Who knows.

4. Where are you going to read this spring?
On my break and in my room, same as usual. Maybe outside, if it's warm enough.

5. Find a cover with a sun on it.
FOUND ONE! I haven't read this in a while, I might give it a re-read if I'm in the right mood for this novel. No promises though.


6. What are your favourite spring reads?
Usually I tend to reach for more contemporary reads in the spring, like this time last year I started the "To All the Boys I've Loved Before" trilogy. I finished Theatrical last week and very much enjoyed that, and my favourite spring read, the one that I am most likely to pick up in Spring, will probably have to be Fangirl, by Rainbow Rowell.

7. Find a book with many different colours in it.
My first thought is The Sun Is Also A Star, by Nicola Yoon. It's just so beautiful and goddamn colourful! It gives me more of a summer vibe than a spring one, but I'm going with it. Please let me know in the comments, if you enjoyed it, it's been sitting on my shelf for a couple of months and I have yet to pick it up!
8. Who do you tag?
I will actually tag people for this one.
-Savannah @The Book Prophet
-Shannon @Shannon Bookworm

Okay! I hope you enjoyed it and, even if you weren't tagged, feel free to do this tag!
I hope you have a wonderful day and I will see you all... soon!
Byeeeee!

-Abi xxxxxx


No comments:

Post a Comment