Monday 18 February 2019

The Books I Own But Have Not Read Yet

Hey guys, this is Abi here,
And it has happened again. I have bought a pile of books & have not yet read them.
So, I thought it would be fun to list them!
Here are the books on my TBR pile!


1. Theatrical, by Maggie Harcourt
I started this this morning, and I am already neck deep in this novel. The print is huge, the characters are already really likeable (well the protagonist), and the chapters have already been entertaining and unique. There are and will be a couple of tropes, according to the reviews on Goodreads, but you can't have a romance novel without a couple of tropes. I can't wait to see what this novel brings to the table and, if you like theatre, drama or romance, then this is a book for you.

2. On the Come Up, by Angie Thomas
This is Angie Thomas' new book, which was released on 5th Feb. I got it the first day out, and it is the next book that I will pick up after Theatrical. Even though I only got this this month, I can't believe I didn't get on this as soon as it was in my hands. But never falter, I will start it sometime this month, and even though there are such high expectations based on this novel (not just from me) I know that I will not be disappointed. Also, the purple sprayed-edges are beautiful.

3. Crazy Rich Asians (Crazy Rich Asians #1), by Kevin Kwan
I only found out this was a series' the other day, but I am so excited! I loved this movie, and I hope to start this before the month is out. I get the feeling that this book is more than a story about love, power and loyalty, that there is so much to learn about the culture of Nicholas' family, one of the most powerful family in all of China, and I am so excited to read about it all!

4. The Seven Deaths of Evelyn Hardcastle, by Stuart Turton
I bought this as a couple with On the Come Up on the 5th. The entire booktube community is obsessing over this novel so I can't not give it a try. Also, the cover is beautiful and it makes me want to pick it up ahead of On the Come Up! But, it has it's place, and I am excited to read it some time next month. In march, I am coming for you, "The Seven Deaths of Evelyn Hardcastle"!

5. The Sun is Also A Star, by Nicola Yoon
Because I want to spread out the books that I own in the up-coming months, I think I'm going to leave this one until April, when the sun is out, and I am in the mood for a Nicola Yoon contemporary. Also the fact that I will also be reading Queen of Air and Darkness in that month, and I'm going to need a sunny contemporary to balance that beast out. The print is pretty big, the chapters are short, and I'm pretty sure that I will be able to fly through this novel in a matter of days, just like I did with Everything, Everything.

6. Lord of Shadows (The Dark Artifices #2), by Cassandra Clare
7. Queen of Air and Darkness (The Dark Artifices #3), by Cassandra Clare
To avoid a book hangover, I have decided that I will reading a book a month of this humongous trio. Lady Midnight, which I just finished yesterday, had 668 pages in it. These two are even larger. As much as I love Cassandra Clare's books, there's something about them that just doesn't gel for me. But, they are action packed, the romances and the tension are the die for, and I will never turn away fighting. Also, the rest of the world are in the love with these books, and I want to share my thoughts on them with you guys, even if they aren't my favourite.

8. Muse of Nightmares (Strange the Dreamer #2), by Laini Taylor
As this is one of my TBR Jar Challenges, I will for sure be reading this some time this year. I don't know when I will, but I will get to it at some point. I loved Strange the Dreamer way too much not to pick up this sequel. Besides that, it's equally as beautiful as Strange the Dreamer, and it also has sprayed edges. I'm biting at the bit to get my teeth into this concluding novel.

Okay! Those are all the books that I own that I have yet to read! Although I only have eight books on this list, some of these are over 500 pages, so I'm going to take my time with them.
Right! That's all I have today, and that's going to do it for today! I hope you have a wonderful day, and I will see you all soon!
Byeeeeee!

-Abi xxxxxx




2 comments:

  1. I can't decide if I want to try the Seven Deaths of Evelyn Hardcastle or not...

    ReplyDelete
  2. +BOOKSandCaffeine I've decided that I'm going to give it a try and decide for myself whether I like it, despite the hype that everyone is sharing.

    ReplyDelete