Friday 29 March 2019

March Wrap Up (2019)

Hey guys, this is Abi here,
And because it's the end of March, it's time for my wrap up! I'm talking about all the reading I've done this month, all the films I've watched, and all the things I've got up to!
Enjoy!


-What I Read-
I read a total of 4 books this month!

1. Noughts Forever, by Malorie Blackman
This may only be a World Book Day short story, but when I saw what it was, when it was set, and who was in it, it was a story I couldn't pass up. Malorie Blackman is one of my all time favourite authors, maybe even my favourite author, and for those that have read the Noughts & Crosses series, this takes place right after the events of Double Cross. Not only that, but it includes the first chapter of Crossfire, her upcoming novel that is out in June. I flew through this in one day and the moment I opened the first page, it all came flooding back.

2. Muse of Nightmares (Strange the Dreamer #2), by Laini Taylor
Although I didn't choose this myself, I stick by my word, and I picked Muse of Nightmares next. Although the story didn't go in the direction I was expecting, it was still an epic conclusion to the Strange the Dreamer duology. Not only that, it was my first TBR Jar challenge that I completed this year! Muse of Nightmares was action-packed, with new characters, and a whole new plot direction that I thoroughly enjoyed reading about. Not only that, but I got to see a heck of a lot more of the world than I did in Strange the Dreamer. An epic conclusion to the duology.

3. Pet Sematary, by Stephen King
Yet another TBR Jar Challenge achieved! My boyfriend gave me this because he wanted to watch the film, but he found the book for me first. Not a bad read if I'm being honest, it was just under 400 pages, so it was a quick-ish read, took me just over a week. It wasn't as polished as IT was, but it was still a decent read, full of horror and gore. What I also liked about this book is that horror wasn't shoved down your throat at every turn. It's what give it that sinister edge, the fact that something can go so dark with such a normal family.

4. The Sun Is Also A Star, by Nicola Yoon
I started this on Monday, and finished this on Thursday. Going into this, I knew that I would 1)fly through it, same as I did with Everything Everything, and 2)that I would at the very least really enjoy it. And I was right on both counts. I might not have enjoyed it as much as Everything Everything, but it's still a decent novel about love and family. If you haven't picked this up yet, I recommend that you do, especially if you are a YA romance fan.

-What I Watched-

The Madeleine McCann Documentary on Netflix
I'm only a couple episodes into this documentary, but it already looks quite interesting. The whole world is obsessing about this documentary, and I've heard some interesting theories and ideas about what happened to Madeleine. I'll keep watching, and hopefully I'll come up with my own theory.

Backstage
I'm literally watching this while I'm typing this. I watched the first season some time last year, and I got the urge to go back and re-watch it. But when I went back to watch it, I saw that Season 2 is up there as well!
If you haven't watched Backstage, it's about a school for Performing Arts, and all the students in it. It's got quite a young feeling, but it gets really good insanely fast. If you like watching dance, art, design and music, I recommend this show!

Dragonball Z
This is getting so good right I literally can't stop watching it. Every time we put it on, we get through like 4/5 every night. I'm on the edge of my seat every time it's on, both excited and nervous at the same time. Highly recommend anyone who likes videogames and or violence.

A Quiet Place
Although it wasn't the horror I was expecting, I thought that the characters were very well cast, the music was very well done, and that it was just a solid horror movie. You were rooting for the family to survive, even though the most horrific of events. I recommend if you are a fan of horror, or you think you might enjoy this film.


Oceans 8
I watched this film last year, you can read all my in-depth thoughts here. But this is like an all female, Six of Crows, for all my Six of Crows fans out there. They pull off a seemingly impossible heist, besting even the smartest of minds, all with a misfit bunch of females. It's one of the most epic films I've seen in my life.

Pet Sematary
The first thing I'm going to say about this film is: it's really dated. Even though the book is only 380 odd pages, it only shows the bare minimum. It was accurate enough, but I was kind of disappointed by what I was watching. I'm incredibly excited that they are remaking this film, because I wasn't impressed by this adaptation.


-What I Wrote-
Nothing. Absolutely nothing (besides this blog.)
But, I would like to mention, that I've started sending instalments of my book to beta readers!
(Finally got over the fear of getting criticisms from other people! Yay!)
Also, if you want to be a beta reader, send me a message on my twitter (@TheWorldIsBooks)
or my Instagram (Same name as my Blog.)


Okay! So that is my March Wrap Up (2019)! I hope you enjoyed it, and I will see you on Monday with my April TBR (2019)!
I hope you have a lovely weekend full of reading, and I will see you soon!
Byeeeeee!

-Abi xxxxx









No comments:

Post a Comment