Monday 25 June 2018

Oceans 8 Movie Review

Hey guys, this is Abi here,
And I am nearly up to date with all of my reviews! But instead of posting them in order, I'm going to post a review of a film that I've seen the most recently, whilst it's still fresh in my brain.
So, I am posting the review of the film that I saw yesterday.
Oceans 8.
I hope you enjoy it.


Okay, the first thing that I think from this poster is that the figures should be bigger. You don't really get to see the differences between the 8 on the poster. But maybe that's the whole point.
It looks dynamic at least. Like the colouring of red and black screams 'I MEAN BUSINESS.' Which, after having seen this film, is emphasized from the very first scene.

With Oceans 8, from the absolute get go there is this feeling of these ladies mean business. That they are not women to be conned. The film starts off with Sandra Bullock, being released from prison. What I loved about the film is that it had a goal, something that it wanted to achieve, and it nailed it absolutely.

Also, the amount of well-know actors that were in this film, my god! Helena Bonham Carter, Sandra Bullock, Rihanna (she surprised me), and Anne Hathaway, there are so many good people in this!

Basically, the story is about two characters, Debbie and Lou, that are planning to pull of a heist to steal a 150 million diamond necklace with a team of seven. And these women are so smart that they might actually do it.

One part in particular that I liked was the way that these characters were introduced. They were all introduced individually, and with their own set of unique skills that are vital to some part of this operation. And as the story progressed, they were learning from each-other and actually working as a team. It was truly a force of different women, different backgrounds, learning and growing towards one main goal: stealing a diamond necklace.

Also, what's great about this film is that because it's a heist, it's one goal, you're not sat twiddling your thumbs for minutes, there's always something going on. And I'm going to go as far as to say that you didn't know how quickly the time was going until it was over. It kept you on the edge of your seat, and all the while you were thinking "are they gonna get caught, are they gonna get caught?" It was so good.

The comedy was more subtle than I maybe would have liked. There were little scenes that weren't emphasized, but made you laugh out loud in staccato bursts of laughter, that you weren't expecting to laugh at.

Overall, a decent film. It wasn't the favourite of the year, but I would go and see it again, if somebody asked. It was so kick-ass and devilish, I loved it.


Okay! That was my review of Ocean's 8! I hope you enjoyed it and, if you had any thoughts, let me know in the comments!
And that's going to do it for today's post! I hope you have a lovely day, and I will see you on Friday, with my Legendary review!
Byeee!

-Abi xxxxx


No comments:

Post a Comment