Monday 11 June 2018

The Well of Ascension (Mistborn #2), by Brandon Sanderson

Hey guys, this is Abi here,
And I am coming on this today with another review (shocker there!)
So, here's my review on The Well of Ascension!
Enjoy!

Title: The Well of Ascension
Author: Brandon Sanderson
Genre: Fantasy
Release date: 21st August, 2007
Status: Book 2 in the Mistborn trilogy
Pages: 764
Blurb: "EVIL HAS BEEN DEFEATED...
THE WAR HAS JUST BEGUN.

THEY DID THE IMPOSSIBLE,
desposing the godlike being whose brutal rule has lasted a
thousand years. Now Vin, the street urchin who has grown into
the most powerful Mistborn in the land, and Elend Venture, the
idealistic young nobleman who loves her, must build a healthy
new society in the ashes of an empire.

They have barely begun when three separate armies attack. As
the siege tightens, an ancient legend seems to offer a glimmer of
hope. But even if it really exists, no one knows where to find the
Well of Ascension, or what manner of power it bestows.

IT MAY BE THAT KILLING THE LORD RULER WAS THE EASY PART..."

BEFORE MY THOUGHTS, KNOW THAT THIS REVIEW WILL MOST LIKELY CONTAIN SPOILERS OF THE FINAL EMPIRE.

My Thoughts
So, the Well of Ascension. Reading through it, it took me a while to find my groove with this book.
After having defeated the Lord Ruler, the one obstacle that I think everyone was doubting the lovable group of misfits would ever defeat, I think I was left wondering... WHAT'S NEXT?
Well this book gave the characters that I have come to love plenty to worry about.

With the dynamic duo of Vin and Elend running the show, they were attempting to raise a healthy empire, one where there weren't any slaves, trying to make sense of the mist that has now started to arrive during the day as well as the night, and keep the (what can be considered the committee) happy, and not one, two but three armies show up to try to overthrow them?! God help them!

What's more, these characters! I did not think I could learn to care about these wonderful characters any more than I did so in The Final Empire, but it has happened! One character that I was surprised to start caring about was Elend. In the first book I was super intrigued by his character because I was that same kind of person that he was at parties: Reading my book in the corner, never really being taken seriously by people, due to not wanting to talk. But in this book I started to care for him, as he tried to lead a kingdom that was close to crumbling around him. Vin was as badass as the first book, I doubt that'll change.

All in all, Brandon Sanderson is an amazing writer. Just the world that he created that seemed to unfold before my eyes, the way the story flows, with seemingly no effort at all. He's such an amazing world builder. He can create suspense and intrigue, and create stories that are fast and entertaining to read, but are also thought provoking. I would recommend this trilogy to any reader, regardless of whether they are a fantasy fan or not.


So that was my review of The Well of Ascension, by Brandon Sanderson! I hope you enjoyed it, I hope you have a wonderful day and I will see you all on Wednesday!
Byeee!

-Abi xxxxx



No comments:

Post a Comment