Friday 15 June 2018

Summer Book Tag!

Hey guys, this is Abi here,
And for a bit of a break from the two reviews that I posted this week, I've decided to post a book tag!
I thought I'd do the summer tag today because I've pretty much finished my qualification and I shall soon be working full time! And because it's summer, of course!
Enjoy!

1. What book cover makes you think of summer? 
Although I don't really have that many books that fit this category, I did manage to find one. Songs About A Girl, by Chris Russell. It doesn't give much of a summer vibe, but it has more of one than any others on my bookshelf.

2. What book brightened your day?
This book feels like it takes a bunch of random things like quiz bowling and boyfriend drowning and lists, and then turns it into this really heart-warming story about people learning to face their fears, and learning to love themselves for who they are in the meantime. It definitely brightened my day when I picked it up last September.




3. What book cover is yellow like the sun?
Of course I'm going to pick this one. It literally has a sun on it.


4. What is your favourite beach read?
The first book that comes to mind is a book that I read in one day, on my holiday to Italy: Since You've Been Gone, by Morgan Matson. It was such a good book, and I was able to fly through it, but stay engaged at the same time.


5. What action book had you running for the ice-cream man?
I'm actually going to change the question for this one, and change it to 'what book had you running for the ice-cream man (because  the romance was so hot)?' And I'm going to go with Sephy and Callum's relationship from Noughts and Crosses because they lived so that they could love each-other. And the odds were stacked against them from the start, yet they would give up anything to be together. One of my favourite romances ever.  

6. What book left you with a bad or painful ending?
Of course, the first one that comes to mind is The Diary of Anne Frank. I'm really not surprised by this because I was in a play of it in my hometown, (playing Margot, not Anne), and I watched the 2001 version of a film the other day, so I'm not surprised this one cropped up as my first idea.

7. What book cover reminds you of a sunset?
I actually have not seen a cover that has a sunset on it, or reminds me of a sunset, so can I just opt out of this one? Thanks.

8. What is one book you hope to read this summer?
I'm going to choose another Morgan Matson book for this question as well: Save the Date! It's about a girl called Charlie, whose older sister is getting married, and she is really excited because for the first time in ages, all four of them (her, her sister and their two other siblings) are going to be under the same roof, before the house is sold and everything changes. But then, things start to happen that could send the whole weekend into disaster: Relatives that aren't speaking, a dreadful girl that her favourite brother has bought home, and a papergirl with a grudge. Not to mention a potential thunderstorm that might send the whole event collapsing down. No biggie. It sounds chaotic and amazing, which is something that intrigues me. Also the fact that I want to pick up more Morgan Matson, it seems perfect!


Tags
ANYBODY- I feel like this is sort of a cop out, but anyone that wants to do this tag should be able to!
Yay!


Okay, so that is the Summer Book Tag! I hope you enjoyed it and I am actually glad that I decided to take a break from reviews, so I could do this fun tag!
As always, if you have any thoughts, let me know in the comments!
Alright, that is it so I will see you all on Monday!
Byeeeeeeee!

-Abi xxxxx


No comments:

Post a Comment