Wednesday 13 June 2018

Hero of Ages (Mistborn #3), by Brandon Sanderson

Hey guys, this is Abi here, 
And even though I finished this trilogy towards the end of last month, I still have yet to post my review for the conclusion of this trilogy!
So I figured it was time! 
Enjoy!


Title: Hero of Ages 
Author: Brandon Sanderson 
Genre: Fantasy 
Release date: 14th October, 2008
Status: Book 3 in the Mistborn trilogy
Pages: 724
Blurb: "Tricked into releasing the evil spirit Ruin while 
attempting to close the Well of Ascension, new 
emperor Elend Venture and his wife, the 
assassin Vin, are now hard-pressed to save the 
world."

This review will most likely contain spoilers from the first two books. 
My Thoughts
There are so many thoughts coming to my brain that I can't keep up. 

Okay. 

Leading on from end of the second book, there was something that happened that kind of shattered anything that has happened in the first two books. In fact there were several things. I'm not going to mention them, but there was instantly new plot line, and even though I thoroughly enjoyed everything that had happened within the first two books, I didn't realise that I was hungry for a new plot until the third book. 

Not an object, or a person, more a feature- something that has one goal- to destroy- has been unleashed upon the world, and Vin will stop at nothing to contain it. That was her main focus within this book and although there wasn't a whole lot she was able to do about it, she remained un-boring. Anybody else would have because somebody who lost their personality to pursue this one goal, but not Vin. 

One other thing that I will comment on is imagination in the head of Brandon Sanderson. How he comes up with such brilliant ways of keeping the reader hooked throughout the book is beyond me. He creates clues on top of clues that I don't really see, but then he makes it all super obvious with a plot twist. 

Also, there were themes introduced throughout the series that I don't usually like to read about, much less find myself looking forward to reading when they crop up. I think a big part of that is Spook, the fact that he was such a likeable character. I really liked him throughout the trilogy along with all his cute little quirks.

As for the ending, I thought that it ended pretty well, though I'm always a sucker for a happy ending. Take from that what you will. I thought the last book wrapped everything up splendidly and I think it did the rest of the trilogy justice.

I am so happy that I was finally able to pick this trilogy up. It is an absolutely fantastic trilogy and I think everyone, fantasy fan or not should consider picking it up. The characters are unlike anything you've seen before, the world building is phenomenal, and the writing is so amazing, you are literally able to jump into the story with minimal effort required.
Truly, it is one of my favourite trilogies I have ever read, so if you haven't, please pick it up!

So! That is my review of The Hero of Ages, by Brandon Sanderson- I hope you enjoyed it!
If there's anything you wish to discuss, as always, let me know in the comments!
I hope you have a wonderful day and I will see you all on Friday!
Byeeeee!

-Abi xxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment