Sunday 5 February 2023

February TBR (2023)

Hey guys, this is Abi here, 
And I'm back with my Fabruary TBR, in the month of love! 
I have a couple of romances to read this month, some small and some short, but one thing's for sure, I'll definitely have my work cut out for me if I want to finish all the books I'm setting out to read this month. 
I hope you enjoy it. 

1. Tomorrow and Tomorrow and Tomorrow, by Gabrielle Zevin 
I'm currently working my way through this at the moment and absolutely loving it! I love how this book feels like more than what it is. Like it doesn't feel like a 400 page book, it feels like a 500 page one. It's just amazing how in so few words, Gabriell Zevin packs one heck of a story. The way she tells the story, makes me want to read every word that's written and really take everything she's saying in, rather than just read the words. 
I'm just over the halfway point and although I'm probably in the thick of it by now, I still have no way which direction it'll take next. 
I can definitely see why it won the Best Fiction Award on Goodreads. 

2. Grown Ups, by Marian Keyes 
I've read several books that Marian Keyes has blurbed: books by Beth O' Leary, by Emily Henry, and My Dark Vanessa, but I've never actually read anything written by her. Well that changes now. I figured I'd go with one of her largest first, because I just, wanted to. 
Also, Grown Ups sounds bloody interesting. It has family drama, someone with a concussion spilling out secrets- that's all I need to know about this entertaining yet compelling book. Something tells me that I won't have anything to worry about when it comes to souring through this book. 

3. Cold, by Mariko Tamaki
The opening sentence was enough to put this short book on my Anticipated Releases post just last year, and when I spied it on the shelf last month, I nabbed it right up. I really want to get to this in February, because it February is basically the last winter month of the year (or at least it feels that way). 
The opening sentence for Cold is "A boy, a murder, a girl, a secret. A YA novel about a shocking crime, told by a boy who died- and a girl that wants to know why." 
This is a sweet 230 something page book, and one I'm hoping to sour through in a weekend. The print is large, so are the pages. I am ready. 

4. As If On Cue, by Marisa Kanter
The first proper romance book! And another of my anticipated releases as well! I'm so excited to pick this up you guys, like you have no idea. Kids from theatre and band, forced to work together to save their parts of the arts budget, when they can't stand the sight of eachother. Of course the hate to love trope is there, and so long as it's not instaneous, then I'm okay with it. 
I really hope I love this. 

5. The Miseducation of Cameron Post, by Emily M. Danforth 
The Miseducation of Cameron Post. Probably one of the book's I've had the longest. Before you ask, no, I haven't seen the film yet. I'm watching it after I read the book. 
I don't know when I first heard about this book, but when I did, I put it to the back of my mind as something to read when I was done with everything else. But then I heard another person raving about it. And another, and another and then when I saw it in the Gay's the word when I was travelling through London looking for books for my birthday, I took a chance on it. 
The print is tiny and the page count is large, but this is a prime example of what kind of book I want to be pursuing this year. So it's on the TBR for this month. 
This is about a girl, called Cameron Post, who is shipped off to her realitives, a heavily religious family, after her parents are killed, the very evening she was kissing a girl. That's all I know about it. Such a simple premise, yet I know there must be a lot more to it, because of the size of the book. Very much looking forward to delving into this humongous novel. 

Okay! Those are the books that I'm going to try and get to for the month of February! I highly doubt I will finish all of them, but I want to at least start them (and finish all but one I should say). 
As always, feel free to comment whatever it is that you're hoping to read this month, and we can chat about them below! 
I hope you have a wonderful day and I'll see you all soon!
Byeeeee! 

-Abi xxxxx



No comments:

Post a Comment