Hey guys, this is Abi here,
And I'm back after three weeks, with my next Skulduggery Pleasant update!
It's been a while since I posted, and even longer since I've updated you all on how I'm doing with this final epic re-read (which is why it was my first priority since my return!)
Anyways, I hope you enjoy reading these updates, I am aware that they're mostly factual, but I hope everyone likes the change of pacing regardless!
I hope you enjoy.
8.5. Armageddon Outta Here
Reading days: 28th May- 3rd JunePages: 479
Despite this being a collection of short stories, scattered throughout the first nine books, I found them so refreshing to read. They're great because they're short and snappy, and other than a couple of them, you don't need a whole lot of time to knock out one, or two at any given time.
I honestly don't remember why I was so loath to pick them up when I was re-reading the rest of the series in the past, because I really enjoyed them, a lot.
10. Resurrection
Reading days: 9th June- 16th JunePages: 420
Although I love a good re-introduction to a series, Resurrection is a book that I've always struggled with, and this time is no exception. I found myself waiting for the novel to take shape, which I never had a problem with in the first nine books.
I managed to finish this in a week, somehow, through making time for it, but if there was going to be a book that I fell behind my Goodreads goal on, it would have been this one.
It was mostly knowing that the books got a lot better after this one that kept me reading it (and forgetting what happened at the ending, and wanting to find out.)
11. Midnight
Reading days: 16th June- 23rd JunePages: 418
This is the book where the second series gets interesting. Because of events that happened in Book 9, Valkyrie has kept well away from her family, for their own safety, and also because she feels guilty. In Midnight, Valkyrie has finally begun to forgive herself (still has a long way to go though), and spend time with her parents and little sister, Alice.
So it's just her bad luck that some people that have a grudge against Valkyrie are watching. Of course they snatch Alice and leave Valkyrie a series a clues to get to her before, you guessed it, midnight.
Of course she does.
And at the very end, she figures out why Alice is back to normal, even after being kidnapped for most of the day.
Which is essentually the plot of the next book.
Fantastic book though. I particularly love reading about sibling relationships, and Auger and Omen's relationship was one of the best parts too. (Actually I love everything to do with Omen, and all the other characters from Corrival Academy, come to think of it.)
12. Bedlam
Reading days: 23rd June- 2nd July
Pages: 584
Yeah, this one takes a leap in the page count a bit, which is why it took me a little longer to read it. Not to mention I was packing for a holiday a couple of days before. Still a really solid book in the series though.
You know that thing that I mentioned is the plot for this in Midnight? So basically, Valkyrie found out that because of something she did to Alice in Book 9 (The Dying of the Light), she no longer has a soul. She no longer has any major emotions, nothing traumatic affects her. Which of course makes Valkyrie feel immensely guilty.
So what does she do? Journey down into the Necropolis, in search of her little sister's lost soul fragments.
So that part is really good, especially when she finds out that one of her soul fragments is already attached to someone.
Not to mention, Skulduggery's evil ex and her son are around for a final stand off.
So there's a lot going on.
14. Seasons of War
He's dead in Valkyrie's dimension, but very much alive in another one, and he plans to use a portal to invade their dimension. The team, of course, is sent over to stop, and kill him.
Like I said before, I love this one. It's seperated into seasons, and each season is more thrilling than the next. Of course, characters die, one of which I still think about every so often, and you have your usual action sequences, and comedic scenes, which never, ever fall flat, even after all this time.
Seasons of War is definitely one of my favourite books from this six book section.
14. Dead or Alive
Reading days: 19th July- nowPages read currently: 146
It's been a slow going with this one so far. After Seasons of War, with it's clear cut premise, it takes a bit of time to establish the plotline, so I've been whittling away at it every so often. I realised today that I already have the audiobook for this, so I'll try to jump between the physical book and the audiobook over the next couple of days, and hopefully I can progress through it quicker.
This is the penultimate book in this six book series, and I know that it builds to something huge at the end.
Who knows, maybe I'll finish the entire series next month! This may be the penultimate update guys!
(Really I hope so.)
Okay! That is everything I have for you all today! As always, feel free to comment down below, and we can chat about this phenomenal series!
I hope you have a wonderful day, and I'll see you all soon! (Will be posting before the month is out, I promise.)
Byeeee!
-Abi xxxxxx






No comments:
Post a Comment