Saturday, 29 August 2026

The End of Summer Book Tag

 Hey guys, this is Abi here, 

And I'm back with another book tag! I had such fun doing the 10 Year Challenge Book Tag, I thought it might be fun to do another one! 

And with the end of August literally two days away, I thought The End of Summer Book Tag was perfect! 

In fact, the children in the county I lived in, until a couple years a go, have already gone back to school! 

For the majority of the UK though, it really is the end of Summer. 

Now, I'll be doing the End of Summer Book Tag created by Kate (Reading Through Infinity), instead of the original, mainly because I prefer the questions on this version. Post is linked if you want to check it out. 

Right! Without further ado, I hope you enjoy. 


~Are there any books you started this year that you need to finish?~

 

Nothing really springs to mind straight away, but I'm currently in the middle of Tilt, by Emma Pattee, that I've been working through the past couple of weeks, on a Sunday (trying to start consistent with my audiobook listening streak). It's about a heavily pregnant woman trying to make her way to her husband after a horrific earthquake. Even though I've been juggling it alongside my SP re-read, I am always excited to pick this up. It jumps from present day for one chapter, and then to events leading up to the day, starting from teenage years. It's really good, and I'm hoping to finish it sometime tomorrow. 

 I also have the fifth book in the Earthsea series, Tales from Earthsea, in audiobook that I haven't started yet. I would like to finish that, and book 6 before the end of the year. 


~Do you have an autumnal book to transition into the end of the year?~

Again, nothing springs to mind immediately, but there are a couple of books I could lean into if I was feeling like an autumn read. 

Two books, both magical realism novels, and those two are Piranesi, by Suzanne Clarke, and Inkheart, by Cornelius Funke.  

 

Both feel like an introduction to the heavier fantasy that I suspect I'll be reading for the majority of the winter months. 

Maybe I'll prioritise Piranesi first because it was a gift, and not as much of a commitment. 


~Is there a new release you're still waiting for?~

THIS. I heard that the final book was going to be released at the end of the year, a couple of weeks ago. 

Book 2, Vengeful, was released in 2018, and fans have been waiting for several years for a conclusion. I haven't been waiting as long, I only picked this series up in 2020, but it's still a long awaited conclusion. I really hope this comes out in the UK the same time as in the US. 

Definitely a Halloween read. 


~What are three books you want to read before the end of the year?~

  

1. The House of Fortune (The Miniaturist #2), by Jessie Burton- the book I've had on my unread shelf for at least three years. After finishing Tilt, The Miniaturist is next on my list, followed by this. I have no idea what this is about, haven't read the blurb since I bought it, and that's the way I want to keep it. Hopefully I enjoy it as much as I remember liking the first book. 

2. Piranesi, by Susanna Clarke- it's short, it's snappy, it's intriguing, and the world building sounds amazing. The ideal season to read this is fast approaching, and I will be reaching for it pretty hastily, when it's the right time. 

3. Where She Went (If I Stay #3), by Gayle Forman- the sequel to the bestselling If I Stay, that takes place three years later. Read from the POV of Adam. Lots of loose ends to tie up with this one, as the first book ends without any further chapters after Mia makes her decision. I've found recently that I haven't been able to forget that this book is waiting to be picked up, in my bookshelf. Also, this feels like the right book to pick up when I fancy something different to all the fantasy I've read these last few months. 


~Is there a book you think could still shock you and become your favourite book of the year?~

  
Any one of these honestly. Three completely different genres, all meant to be outstanding. 
Has anybody read these? Care to divulge what they're like in the comments?
Honestly, I know I'm going to love all three of these, and they're all potential review titles. In fact, I'm going to make a promise to myself, that I will review all three of these books, because you can bet I'll have some thoughts on all three. 

Which do you guys think I'll like more?
A disturbing sci-fi about a cold blooded killer and the detective that pursues him; a story by an auto-buy author about women in space; or a book about oppressed women, from three generations, teaming up, trying to survive and make a difference? 
Which one? 

~Have you already started making reading plans for 2027?~

At the moment, no. I just finished an eighteen book series, and I'm just planning on reading whatever I feel like reading in the moment. I'm happy just looking at the present for the moment. Time to knuckle down and focus on reducing my 50 book TBR. Because I found more books under my bed last night, that were not in my original unread shelf post. 


Okay! That is the End of Summer Book Tag! 

Nobody has really done this tag in recent years, so I'm just going to be lazy and say, do the tag if you want to, then link it in the comments below, so I can see it! 

Right! That's all I have for you all today, so I will see you all in September, hopefully with another story update! (And a wrap up at the end of the month, yay!)

I hope you have a wonderful evening, and I'll see you all soon! 

Byeeeeee! 

-Abi xxxxx


No comments:

Post a Comment