Monday 4 January 2021

January TBR (2021)

 Hey guys, this is Abi here, 

And I'm here with my first TBR for 2021! 

I did obtain a fair amount of books for Christmas, but there are too many to get to all of them. 

Nevertheless, here's a list of all the books I plan to get to this month. 

Enjoy! 


1. The Cousins, by Karen M. McManus 

I've already finished this, actually just yesterday. But it was always going to be the first book I finished after my Secret Santa's present I got (David Attenborough's autobiography), but I had to include it in this month's TBR, because I've had it for a month already. The Cousins is Karen M. McManus' fourth book, and since I finished it in basically two days flat, I can describe it as an addictive, engaging read, that's dark, but not too dark, that it won't be a good book to enter into the genre of murder mystery. 

2. First half of the "Throne of Glass" series, by Sarah J Maas 

I was gifted the entire Throne of Glass series for Christmas. I'm currently 100 pages into Throne of Glass and I'm actually liking it more than I expected to. I know I've still got a very long way to go before I finish the entire series (hopefully by the end of February, but with Kingdom of Ash being nearly 1000 pages long, I'm not holding my breath) but I know this is a good sign. If you didn't know, the Throne of Glass series that follows ruthless assassin Celaena Sardothien as she's given a proposition: compete to become the King's champion in exchange for freedom. There's lots more to it then that, but that's the main start to the series. I'm unbelievably late to this bandwagon, but I'm going to give this series another try if it kills me. 

3. The Invisible Life of Addie LaRue, by V.E. Schwab 

I have heard nothing but fantastic reviews regarding The Invisible Life of Addie LaRue and I'm eager to see for myself why. It tells the story of a desperate woman that made a deal with the devil: immortality, but nobody will remember her. I have no idea where this story is going to go from there, but I'm excited to find out. I haven't picked up a V.E. Schwab I haven't loved yet, so odds are I'll love this one just as much. Excited to pick this up soon. 

4. You Should See Me in A Crown, by Leah Johnson 

I don't know why, but this book just hasn't left the back of my mind since I found out about it last year. You Should See Me in A Crown was the first book I thought of when I started thinking about contemporaries I wanted to pick up to relieve my brain of all the angst/ romance the Throne of Glass series would likely bring, so I bought it. It's just under 330 pages, so I'm hoping I'll be able to laugh and have fun whilst reading this. I'm also hoping I can finish this in a couple of days. 

5. A Tragic Kind of Wonderful, by Eric Lindstrom 

I fell in love with Lindstrom's story telling back in 2017, when I read Not If I See You First, and I've been eager to pick up another of his works ever since. On top of that, because I currently only have 18 books on my "Want to Read" list on Goodreads, and I'd like to prioritise those books if I can. A Tragic Kind of Wonderful follows Mel Hannigan, whose bipolar disorder means she finds life difficult. Trying to keep a new relationship while fighting the instinct to keep him at arm's length, she fears the worst- that her friends will abandon her if they find out the truth. Can Mel bring herself to risk everything to find out? 
I haven't read many books that include bipolar, and I want that to change this year. Also, A Tragic Kind of Wonderful has been on my TBR for a good long while, and it's time I pick it up. 


Okay! That's my January TBR! I think it's a fairly manageable TBR and I'm excited to pick them all up! As always, feel free to comment whatever you like, and I'll reply! 
I hope you have a wonderful day, and I'll see you all soon. 
Byeeee! 

-Abi xxxx

2 comments:

  1. Have fun with the Throne of Glass series! I have heard great things, been meaning to get around to them for awhile!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou, I hope I do! I've been really enjoying them so far!

      Delete