Thursday 14 January 2021

New Years' Book Tag

 Hey guys, this is Abi here, 

And I know I mentioned (a fair amount) that I'll be posting a Darkdawn review, but I'm not going to do that, because I realised that I've more or less forgotten the whole thing. 

I finished the book, that's it, and I don't want to go back to it! 

So I'm doing a book tag instead. 

Enjoy! 


~How many books are you planning on reading in 2021?~ 

My Goodreads Reading Challenge goal, as you all probably know if you have seen my posts from December, is 75 books, but I would love to read more than that (if I can). I've set of to a good start, since it is January, but I have no idea if I'll be able to keep it up! (But I really hope so.) 


~Name 5 books that you didn't get to last year but want to make a priority in 2021~

1. The Invisible Life of Addie LaRue, by V.E. Schwab 

2. A Promised Land, by Barack Obama 

3. Instant Karma, by Marissa Meyer 

4. I Was Born For This, by Alice Oseman 

5. Katherine Rundell's books. (Not specifically a book, but I couldn't think of one in particular.) 

~What genre do you want to read more of?~

Typically I try to read more historical fiction and horror, but this year I want to try and read more graphic novel and middle grades.

 I kind of got introduced to middle grade in the summer last year, and I've read enough to be invested in the genre, but also super picky about what middle grades I pick up and I want to change that!

As for graphic novels, I became interested when I flew through the Saga graphic novel series (eagerly awaiting Volume 10). Right now, I have a list of the graphic novel series I want to pick up this year. Check it out here. That's right, I made a TBR! That shows commitment. 


~Name 3 non book related goals for 2021~ 

1. Pass my Driving test! 

(Haven't passed because Covid keeps pushing it back!) 


2. Run a marathon! 

(Not until September, but it's booked.) 


3. To be able to hug my loved ones. 


~What's a book you've had forever that you still need to read~ 

None of them, as I got them all for Christmas. Now, a series I've wanted to re-read for forever is: the "To All the Boys I've Loved Before" trilogy by Jenny Han, especially as the trailer for the final Netflix film was released yesterday. This trilogy was a breath of fresh air, and although it's just normal themes that happen to most people, the writing was fantastic, the plot was great, the characters were fantastic and it was all so cute and funny! 


~One word that you're hoping 2021 will be~

Better. 


~Tag a friend!~ 

Anyone who has read this! 

You're all tagged! 


Okay! That's all I have for you all today! I hope you enjoyed it (as always, you're free to comment) and I'll see you all soon! 

Byeeee! 

-Abi xxxx


2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a wonderful Christmas present! I haven't read the "To All the Boys I've Loved Before" trilogy, but I've heard so many good things about it and my friends are big fans of Jenny Han.

    Best of luck on your 2021 goals! COVID sucks and I hope this year will be a lot better for everyone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you think you'll like the series, I very much recommend To All the Boys.
      Thankyou! I'm excited to attempt them all!

      Delete