Sunday 28 February 2021

February Wrap Up (2021)

 Hey guys, this is Abi here, 

And it's the end of February! 

I didn't get to all the books I wanted in February, but I was fine with that. 

Like I was literally okay with getting behind on my Goodreads goal, just so I could finish what I was aiming to finish this month. 

I'm not behind on my Goodreads goal, thankfully. 

I'm aware none of this reel makes sense, but it will once I tell you what I read this month. 

Enjoy! 


I read a total of 4 books this month. 

But that's okay! (They were all 650+ pages, which is why I'm okay with it.) 

1. Queen of Shadows (Throne of Glass #4), by Sarah J Maas 

Loved this. Solid favourite for the series. Everything happened in this book. Going into it, I was very nervous about what I would think, especially after not liking Heir of Fire as much as I thought I would. I feel like I genuinely started an attachment to a lot of characters in this book, which was wonderful, but also horrible because I wanted to protect all of them. But this book was such a turning point for me, like before I picked it up, I was worried like how I was going to be able to continue when the books got larger, because I wasn't invested yet. This book changed that. 

2. Empire of Storms (Throne of Glass #5), by Sarah J Maas  

I was sort of curious as for where Empire of Storms was going to go after the explosive ending to Queen of Shadows. There was definitely a change of pacing in this novel (though still thoroughly engaging) and although I didn't enjoy it as much as the previous book, the rest of the series couldn't have happened without it. It was one of those books where I wanted to read more of some characters, and others I could have done without. To say the least, I was loving Manon's character arc throughout this book. Like I was hoping against hope that she survived (I was so surprised when I started wanting to read more, after not liking her too much in the previous book- though I've heard that's a popular opinion.) 

3. Tower of Dawn (Throne of Glass #6), by Sarah J Maas 

Another book I loved, because it was all about Chaol and Nesryn. I always felt like, from Crown of Midnight, Chaol was kind of thrown to the wayside, so I was thrilled when I found out that I would be reading an entire book about him, right before the finale. I fell in love with the characters I was introduced to in this book, and even now I've finished the entire series, they're very much still in the back of my mind. Yet another contendor for my favourite in the series. Top three. 

4. Kingdom of Ash (Throne of Glass #7), by Sarah J Maas 

Finally, Kingdom of Ash. I finished this in the early hours this morning and oh my goodness, what a book. Nothing was rushed, so much was happening, I was worried for the lives of all my favourite characters (I loved all of them). So many fantastic moments, so many heart-breaking ones and above all, so many sweet and caring moments. I'm so sad it's over after a whirlwind of a journey because it's completely unique to anything else I've read in a while. I've laughed, blushed and cried all in like, a few chapters with this series, and it's a series that will always be in my heart. Farewell, Throne of Glass. 

Okay! That's all I have for you guys today! I will be back next week with my March TBR (2021) so keep an eye out for that! 

As always, feel free to comment below! 

I hope you have a wonderful evening, and I'll see you all soon! 

Byeeee! 

-Abi xxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment