Monday 13 June 2016

Re-Reading Books and My Go To Books

Hey guys, this is Abi here,
And today I wanted to talk about re-reading books and why I like to.
This may be a short post, by the way. (Just letting you know now).

So let's get on with the post!


Re-Reading Books and My Go To Books 

When people ask me "Why do you re-read books so much?" I'm never quite sure how to answer.
To avoid a reading slump (when I've been reading a book for like two weeks, and can't finish it); to go back to something I know I'll enjoy when I've finished a big series? Or just because I love it so much?
I never know which one to say, to be honest, because truthfully, it's a combination of all of them.

I re-read books because sometimes I just want to read through the plot again, or because I want to see the characters again. Do I need another reason? I don't think so.

There is a method to my madness for re-reading for me though (most of the time). I have a specific list of what books I want to re-read depending on my mood, and today I will share that with you guys!

Here is a list of the books that I like to re-read mostly! (Down below).

1. Any Teri Terry Sci-fi book (Mind Games, the "Slated" trilogy)
I've only read Mind Games once, but it is now my go to book if I want something that isn't too big a commitment, but I'm in the Sci-fi mood. Saying that, the "Slated" trilogy doesn't take that long either. At one point I was able to finish the entire series in approximately 5 days, which still isn't that long. But odds are I'll most likely be re-reading both of these at some point because I love them so much. (You guys must be totally sick of me talking about these books, but I seriously can't stop :D )

2. "Noughts and Crosses" series, or Boys Don't Cry, by Malorie Blackman
If I'm not really in the Sci-fi mood, but I still want something a bit more intense, then I'll pick up the "Noughts and Crosses" series, because it covers so many issues, but it's still incredibly sad, yet hopeful. It just covers a bunch of stuff, but it shouldn't be put into category because it has amazing characters, amazing plots, and amazing writing. Seriously can't fault it!               Boys Don't Cry is kind of different. It's kind of the same, as in it shows a situation that's happening a lot (teen pregnancy), but the mother is the one to leave the child with the father, and he has to deal with looking after a daughter that he didn't even know he had. It's incredibly interesting, and the first time I read it I read it in one. sitting. First time. Highly recommend both of these. 


3. The "Twilight Saga", by Stephanie Meyer
Okay, yeah I know. But this is a series that I know I can go back to it doesn't matter how many times, but I can still love it. I've re-read it so many times that I can want to go to a specific part, and be able to go to that part, at random. I may not have read it since 2014, but I can still read it and love it. 
4. Sister's Red, by Jackson Pearce (back when I only owned this one, not Sweetly & Fathomless)
Sister's Red was the book that I would re-read if I wanted something that wasn't too big, but I wanted kick-ass characters that had more beneath the surface than just that. I'd be able to read it in one sitting, and then be able to go to something I hadn't read.                                                                               Sister's Red is a fairytale retelling, and at this point, one of my favourites because it isn't too heavy, but there is a bit of depth. It isn't a cliche either, and I can read it in super quick time. Not that Sweetly doesn't do that too, but Sweetly is more about mystery, and also it was Sister's Red that got me fairytale retellings. 

5. Contemporaries/ Cute Romances
Now this is more of a category, rather than a specific book/ series. There are a number of books that fit this description. I'm not going to talk about these books specifically, but I will list them. Here's the list: 
1. Fangirl, by Rainbow Rowell 
2. All the Bright Places, by Jennifer Niven 
3. Before I Die, by Jenny Downham 
4. Chris Higgins books (I know this is more specific than the others, but whatever, here are some examples: Pride and Penulties, Love Ya Babe, The Perfect Ten, The Day I Met Suzie)

Okay, so that is why I love re-reading my books, and some of my go to books that I love to re-read! I know that I said that it may be a short post and it turned into an INCREDIBLY LONG post, but sometimes I just can't seem to help myself! 
Okay, so I will be deciding on what book I want to re-read soon (Mind Games, Fangirl or If I Stay). Odds are I'll end up doing a post on it at some point, but I will have made my mind up by the end of the week! Feel free to post some comments on what you want me to read! 

So that is all that I have for you guys today, and I will see you all on Wednesday! 
Byeeeeee!

-Abi xxxxx



No comments:

Post a Comment