Thursday 14 February 2019

Valentine's Day Book Tag

Hey guys, this is Abi here,
And because Valentine's Day is this Thursday, I will be doing a version (there are so many) of the Valentine's Book Tag!
I got this from "All Books Considered", and even though I don't know who created it, it looked like a lot of fun!
Enjoy!


1. Standalone Book You Love
Of course Fangirl was the first one I chose. This is more of a contemporary than a romance, but romance is a subplot within the book. But the rules don't clarify whether it has to be a romance, so I'm picking it. Honestly, Fangirl is probably my favourite standalone because it deals with so many issues in such a good way.

2. Dystopian Book You Love
Even though I read this back in 2015, it still remains to be one of my favourite dystopians to date. It was my first Marissa Meyer book, and even though I've read the entire Lunar Chronicles as well as Heartless, this is probably also my favourite Marissa Meyer book, because of how fast I got sucked into it. Along with that, it also has a super unique premise to it.


3. A book that you love that nobody else talks about
Instead of a book, this is the Demonata series, by Darren Shan. There are 10 books in the series, and even though the last couple of books aren't the best, and the ending kind of fizzles out, this was one of my favourite series' from when I was a kid, even though I've never seen or heard of anybody talking about this series' because of Darren Shan's much more well known Vampire Assistant series'.


4. Favourite Book Couple
Please don't make me pick. There's:
-Clary and Jace
-All the couples from Jennifer Niven's books
-Callie Rose and Tobey, Sephy and Callum from the Noughts & Crosses series

5. Book That Other People Love That You Haven't Yet Read
One book I've been meaning to pick up is Muse of Nightmares, by Laini Taylor. It's one of my TBR Jar challenges, and every time I wake up the beautiful cover is staring me in the face. I read Strange the Dreamer last January, and it's one of the books that's highest on my TBR list for the next couple of months.

6. A Book With Red On the Cover
This! Even though Love, Simon wasn't my favourite contemporary romance, I preferred Leah on the Offbeat, but it's got a red cover. Up next for Becki Albertalli: What If It's Us, a collaboration with Adam Silvera: a must read for Spring 2019.


7. A Book With Pink On the Cover
Even though there are a fair amount of people who kind of dislike this cover, I like it because of the birds, and the fading of different pinks and purple within the cover. Also, it symbolises turning away from her family, to a new future, because she has her back to the birds. I'm thinking of re-reading this trilogy, because I really enjoyed it the first time around, and it's been a while since I have.


8. You Were Given A Box Of Chocolate. Which Fictional Boyfriend Would Have Given Them To You?
Again, I really don't want to choose for this one.

9. You Are Single On Valentine's Day (even though I'm not.) What book do you read? What TV show do you watch? What movie?
Book: Something by Cassie Clare, so I can emerge myself into another romance.
TV show: Chicago Med, (because I'm obsessed with the show at the moment.
Film: Crazy Rich Asians, because I loved it in the cinema and I still haven't watched it on DVD yet.

10. You're in the Book Shop. You get shot by an arrow? What New Release do you love?

On the Come Up, by Angie Thomas. I got it last week and I can't wait to pick it up as soon as I can!

10. Who do you tag?
Everyone! Once more, anyone is entitled to try this tag out!

Okay! So that was my Valentine's Day Book Tag! I hope you enjoyed it and I will see you all soon!
Byeeeee!

-Abi xxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment