Friday 14 August 2020

All the Series' I'm Waiting On

 Hey guys, this is Abi here, 

And today I will be listing all the series' I'm waiting on! 

Whether this is the next book in the series, or for the next book to be released by paperback, it's going on the list!

Without further ado, enjoy! 


1. Girls of Fate and Fury (Girls of Paper and Fire #3), by Natasha Ngan 

Release date: 23rd February, 2021


Girls of Fate and Fury is the third and final book in the Girls of Paper and Fire trilogy, and even though I may need to give the second book a re-read, because the plot became sort of jumbled in other plots over the past few months, I'm still very much anticipating the end to this epic series. If you want to see an LGBT fantasy about two Asian girls, I highly recommend this series, because half of the time, you won't know which ways up as you're thrown about, trying to keep track of what's happening. There are some triggers in this series though, so bear that in mind if you're considering picking this up: rape, attempted rape, sexual assault, death, abduction, torture, violence, loss of loved one, scenes with blood, grief depictions. 

2. Red Sky Burning (The Circle Trilogy #2), by Teri Terry 

Release date: July 2021. 

I picked this up for the Reading Rush, and flew through it in 2 days. I would have done that, even if I hadn't been reading against the clock, because Teri Terry's tales are just that good. Dark Blue Rising is the first book in her new Circle trilogy, and it's so newly released that Red Sky Burning isn't even an official book on Goodreads yet. Dark Blue Rising is one of my favourites that Teri Terry has ever written: it's up there with the Slated. If you've been following me for a couple of years, you know how much I love the Slated trilogy. If you haven't, the Slated trilogy is in my top three favourite series' of all time list. I rate it higher than Harry Potter. 


3. Starsight (Skyward #2), by Brandon Sanderson 

Release date: 2nd October, 2020. 

Now, I'm aware this is already out, but what I'm waiting for, is the Paperback (to match my Skyward paperback.) Man, I forgot what it feels like to be reading a Brandon Sanderson book (since I haven't read anything of his since 2018- shame to me.) But, the paperback is out in October, and my eyes will be devouring it as fast as I can get my hands on a copy. If you don't know, Skyward, the first book in the series, then this is about Spensa, a girl that wants to prove to the whole world that she isn't a coward- that she can take to the skies as a pilot- unlike her Dad, who branded himself one, the night he fled from a battle when she herself was just a child. Highly recommend, Brandon does Sci-fi just as well as fantasy. 

4. Heartstopper Volume Four (Heartstopper #4), by Alice Oseman 

Release date: 4th February, 2021. 

I've loved each and every Heartstopper volume, and I can't believe I have to wait until next year for the next volume. But, I'm currently reading Loveless, so that's enough to keep me until February. Every volume I get to fall more in love with Charlie and Nick, and I get to meet even more amazing characters. In the last volume, the gang holidayed in France, so I'm excited for what's to come next. (They also became more realistic in the latest issue, so I'm intrigued as for where Oseman will go with that.) 

5. Skulduggery Pleasant Book 14- Currently without a title/ release date. 

6. Noughts and Crosses Book 6- Also currently without a title/ release date. 

The Skulduggery Pleasant series is not a surprise. I've been following the series for over a decade, and there are only going to be two more releases! As much as I can't wait for the next one, I want to savour this time, when I know there are still a couple of releases to come. 

As for Book 6 of the Noughts and Crosses series, I haven't heard hide nor hair of the sequel to Crossfire, which came out either 2019 or 2018. But I will wait, for whatever snippet of news I can get my hands on. Because the Noughts and Crosses is my favourite in all the world. 


Okay! Those are all the series I'm all caught up on, and awaiting releases for! I hope you enjoyed it, and let me know in the comments, what series' you're waiting for! 

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend of reading, and I'll see you all next week! 

Byeeee! 

-Abi xxxxx

2 comments:

  1. I've been wanting to start the Girls of Paper and Fire series. The premise is intriguing, and the covers are gorgeous! Great list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've found The Girls of Paper and Fire series is always in the back of my mind. I definitely recommend it, because nothing feels rushed or like it's been done a million times before :) .

      Delete