Thursday 20 October 2022

Anticipated Releases (Oct-Dec 2022)

 Hey guys, this is Abi here, 

And I'm back with more anticipated releases for the final quarter of 2022! Can't believe we're coming to the end of 2022 (granted there's still a few months left at this point but I'm planning to read books that are coming out in December, so it feels like the end of the year). 

But here are the books I'm anticipating in the next few months, I hope you enjoy it. 


October

Okay, some of these will have already come out (and I actually own them)! But I'm still going to include them anyway. 


1. The First to Die at the End (Death-Cast #0), by Adam Silvera

Release date:4/10/22

I was so psyched when I heard that this was going to be released. They Both Die at the End has to be my favourite Adam Silvera book maybe ever, so this was definitely a book I knew I'd be purchasing as soon as it was in my local Waterstones. (And I do already have one.) If the title doesn't give it away, this is a prequel to They Both Die at the End, which is about two boys, who are brought together when the Death Cast app tells them that today is their last ever day. I have no idea what is in this enormous 550 page book and I am very excited to pick it up. 

2. Numb to this: Memoir of a Mass Shooting, by Kindra Neely 
Release date: 11/10/22
I love reading books with current issues. Books about representation, that share journeys and experiences. They show the people that are living those themes in their everyday lives that they have a voice, that they're not alone. 
This book is a prime example. And the fact that this is a true story makes it all the more special. 
I can already tell this will be an emotional, moving graphic memoir and I can't wait to read it. 


November
1. The Hunger Between Us, by Marina Scott 
Release date: 1/11/22
Books like this always spike my interest, especially when they take place in a time I've never even heard of, and it gives me an opportunity to learn about a place and time in History, both through the book and individual research. 
The Hunger Between Us is about a girl fighting to survive the siege of Leningrad, and to save her best friend from a terrible fate after she mysteriously vanishes. That's more or less the opening sentence to the blurb on Goodreads, and that is all I need to be 100% hooked to this book. Before doing research into the siege of Leningrad, I had no idea what it was, or how harsh it was for the civilians that lived there when the siege took hold. Imagine 872 days of starvation, in the cold winters of Russia, and you'll get the idea. 
I really hope this is available for me to read from someone, because I'm desperate to get started on this.
 

2. Whiteout, by Various YA Authors 
(Dhonielle Clayton, Tiffany D. Jackson, Nic Stone, Angie Thomas, Ashley Woodfolk, Nicola Yoon
Release date: 8/11/22
Completely different type of book from the last one, Whiteout is a Christmas holiday romance book from too many authors that I've read and loved (so many that I couldn't not include this book on the list). I loved Blackout (exactly the same authors wrote that- probably why it's called Whiteout) and it's always nice to read a story where everyone writes a different point of view, all within one day, that all comes together/ falls in place, right at the very end. 
Basically, Whiteout is about a group of twelve teenagers that band together to pull off the most epic apology- but then an unexpected sheet of white grounds the city to a halt- will they be able to pull it off, or will the white elements ruin everything? 
This sounds like the perfect read for December, so I'll be trying to get a copy as early as I can. 


3. Scattered Showers, by Rinbow Rowell 
Release date: 8/11/22
Basically, these are all short stories too, but they're all from the POV's of EXISTING Rainbow Rowell characters- yes there is another story that's featuring Snowbaz. It's been a minute since I've read anything by Rainbow, so of course I put this on my list. It'll be perfect for maybe January/ February when I'm looking for a quick read that I'm guaranteed to enjoy. Love the cover, love the premise (nine chapter romances), and I just know I'm going to love the characters, because she writes the best characters. 
I'm excited. 


December
1. A Million to One, by Adiba Jaigirdar 
Release date: 13/12/22
A thief, artist, acrobat, and artist, that don't have anything in common, all united in one goal. To steal the Rubaiyat, a jewel encrusted novel, currently aboard the Titanic. When distaster strikes, and careless mistakes and old grudges put the group in immense danger, this seemingly impossible heist becomes even more impossible, and the chances of the group ever getting to this book become very slim. But not as slim as their chances of survival. 
I've never read a book about people trying to keep afloat in the Titanic, and although it is a very grave theme, this actually sounds quite light-hearted. I've read two Adiba Jaigirdar books in the past and I'm looking forward to picking another one up. 


Okay! Those are the books that I'm anticipating for the back end of 2022! If you're looking forward to reading any of these, or others, then let me know in the comments below. 
I hope you have a great evening and I'll see you all soon! 
Byeeee! 

-Abi xxxxxx














No comments:

Post a Comment