Friday 11 November 2022

November TBR (2022)

 Hey guys, this is Abi here, 

And I'm here with my November TBR (2022)!

Honestly, I don't have a concrete plan as for what I want to read this month (or just under three weeks I should say) but I'll be making a note of anything that I might want to pick up.

Without further ado, I hope you enjoy reading about my TBR for the month. 


1. Safe (Flight #2), by Vanessa Harbour 

I have just under 100 pages left of this and I have a feeling that I'll be finishing this tomorrow. Safe follows two children, Jakob and Kizzy, at what they think is a simple rescue job, bringing a herd of rare horses back to safety. What they didn't know is that they were just a way to get over a border. In an unfamiliar place, they're attacked and only just escape. On a whim, they hide in an abandoned house. Only they soon find they're not alone... 

I'm so close to the ending of this novel, and honestly, I don't want it to end. The characters are fantastic, they feel as if they're real live people, the story is compelling, the feel of being in danger, but not at the forefront is second to none. If I didn't have something that I'm really looking forward to after this, I would be in a serious reading slump. 

2. Saga Volumes 1-9, by Brian K. Vaughan 

I recently obtained Volume 10 (yes, Volume 10) and I was so excited that I couldn't not re-read the entire series (I mean, it has been two years). I know I haven't forgotten the main points in the story, but I've definitely forgotten a lot of the finer points, which means that a re-read is definitely on the cards. 

(I'm going to be dedicating at least a couple of full days to these graphic novels in the near future. So excited.) 

3. Saga, Volume 10 (Saga #10), by Brian K. Vaughan 

FINALLY! 

I mean, I know I haven't been waiting half as long as some of the fans that have been with this series since the beginning, but that doesn't mean I'm not veryveryveryveryvery excited for this release. No idea what will be happening in this, but I'm so excited to find out. 

4. Nothing More to Tell, by Karen M. McManus

I purchased this a few months ago and I haven't even tried to pick it up. Time to change that. 
Nothing More to Tell is a story about Brynn, who left her high school four years ago, after the death of her favourite teacher. But when she gets an internship working at a true-crime show on television, she decides to take a closer look at the still unsolved murder of her favourite teacher. But the further she digs, the more mystery she uncovers... 

After the most recent Karen M. McManus book, which I enjoyed but didn't love, I decided to give her books a break or a bit. I mean, Karen produces books more often than I produce, so I was due a break. Of course I still bought the book though. For when I needed it. 
But now it's time. From what I've seen of the reviews, people have enjoyed this a lot more than the predecessor, and I hope I feel the same. Looking forward to catching up on her latest thriller. 

5. Carrie Soto Is Back, by Taylor Jenkins Reid 

Out of all of the books that I've obtained in the past three months, this book is the one that I've been tempted by the most. It's been a while since I've read a Taylor Jenkins Reid book and although I was interested in her other works, I knew this was one I wanted to start with (when I heard it was about competitive tennis). 
Now, I wouldn't go as far as to say that there are no books about tennis, but I definitely don't remember hearing about any in the past few years. 

When Carrie Soto retired, she had smashed every record worth having. Her fierceness, her determination, and her attitude that she was entitled to every one has not made her popular. 
But six years into her retirement, Carrie finds herself sitting in the 1994 US Open, watching her record be shattered by the ruthless Nicki Chan. 
In a last ditch effort to reclaim her title, Carrie makes the decision to reclaim her title, with her father coaching her back to victory, even if she isn't as sharp or as nimble as she once was. 
But for one last, epic season, Carrie Soto is back. 

6. I'm Glad My Mom Died, by Jennette McCurdy 

I always like to read books in the order than I received them, which would mean that I'd be reaching for the Mara Wilson autobiogrpahy before this. But right now I'm just going to let the chips fall where they may and be fine with it. This book is getting nothing but fantastic reviews and I'm excited to see what it's all about. The blurb reads "A heartbreaking and hilarious memoir by Jennette McCurdy about her struggles as a former child actor- including eating disorders, addiction, and a complicated relationship with her overbearing mother- and how she retook control of her life." 
That's all I need to know to know that I need to read this. 
And that's all there is. 


Okay! Those are the books that I plan to read in November! 
(So glad to finally finish this.) 
As always, let me know in the comments what you guys plan to read this month (or if you're throwing caution to the wind and just reading whatever the fuck you want)! 
I hope you have a wonderful day and I'll see you all soon! 
Byeeeee! 

-Abi xxxx



2 comments:

  1. I love Carrie Soto is Back! I hope you also like it. Can't wait to know your thought about this book 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you like it 😊. Definitely going to be picking it up this month.

      Delete