Sunday 5 March 2023

March TBR (2023)

 Hey guys, this is Abi here, 

And I'm back with my March TBR! 

I did something a little different this month: I picked my book, and I had no idea what it was until I chose it! (Basically I turned all the books around, picked a pile and number, and had someone else pick up said book!)

When it came to series', I picked the first book, or the book that I hadn't read (if I wanted to re-read rhe previous books) and then added those on. 

Here's what I chose for my March TBR! 

Enjoy! 


1. The Miseducation of Cameron Post, by Emily M. Danforth 

A book I've carried through from February that I wasn't able to get to. But that's okay, because it's the next book on my list. I won't start the others until I finish this. 
After the sudden death of her parents, Cameron is shipped to her conservative Ruth and hopelessly grandmother, and as soon as she gets there, she knows her life is going to change. Survival in Miles City, Montana is about blending in, not drawing attention to yourself. Something that Cam is now an expert at. 
But then, beautiful cow-girl Coley Taylor comes to town, and her and Cam forge an intense friendship with room for more. But then Coley's boyfriend, and her aunt's idea that Cam needs 'fixing', shows Cam what the cost is of being anyone that isn't yourself- even if she isn't quite sure who that is. 

I need to stop putting this book to one side and get the fuck on with reading it. I know it's going to be amazing, so what am I waiting? 
This is why it's first. 

2. Dark Blue Rising (The Circle Trilogy #1), by Teri Terry 
3. Red Sky Burning (The Circle Trilogy #2), by Teri Terry 
4. Black Night Falling (The Circle Trilogy #3), by Teri Terry 
This was the last book that (Black Night Falling) I selected (if I hadn't, my TBR would likely have been all standalones) and although it adds a lot to my overall page count for the month, I'm kind of happy that it was chosen for this month, because it's one of the books that's been on my TBR the longest. 
You know what, I have no idea what the last book is going to be about, and that's because I really didn't take much of the second book in (I was a bit bored if I'm honest), which is why I'm choosing to re-read them both before I finish the series completely. 

5. My Sister's Keeper, by Jodi Picoult 
Probably one of my favourite contemporaries of all time. I've read this book time and time again, and loved it each and every time. I love the film too, but this book always promises to pull me out of any threatening book slumps I might be in danger of stepping into. 
Born to save her sister's life, Anna seeks Alexander Campbell to help her sue her parents to the right to her own body. You jump from POV to POV, of Anna, her family, Alexander and Julie, the guardian ad litem enlisted, whom Campbell has history with. Each POV adds something to the story, that you just don't get in the film. I'm hoping I'll be able to knock this out in a few days, and with the excitement I feel at stepping back into the novel, I'm pretty sure I will. 

6. Fangirl, by Rainbow Rowell 
I'd been thinking about picking this one up again last year, but after reading about Reagan in one of the short stories in Scattered Showers in January, I knew I had to read it soon. Another of my favourite contemporaries of all time, this was probably the first book (other than the HP series) that featured a character that I was able to relate to. 
I have unconditional love for this book. Just the characters, the humourous banter, the way it discusses issues. How well it's written. I can't get over how well it's written. It's just a phenomenal novel and I can't wait to read it again. 

7. Where the Crawdads Sing, by Delia Owens 
Enough is enough. I want to watch the film so I bought the book after mulling over it for literal months. There's got to be a reason why everyone loves it so much and I'm excited to find out why. I know it's about a girl that's grown in the forest/ wood outside a town, she's known as the Marsh girl, that's brought back to the town to be a part of society. It's set in 1950s North Carolina and that they find a dead body in the marsh, which of course makes her look extremely guilty. 
It's a short book, with relatively small font so I'm hoping I'll be sucked into this book and that I'll be able to speed through it in a few days. I guess we'll see. 

8. The Book Eaters, by Sunyi Dean 
The Book Eaters. Shortest of the lot, just shy of 300 pages, about a mother in a long line of book eaters that fleas her family, to save her son, who has a hunger for human brains. Nominated for the best fantasy category last year on Goodreads, I'm intrigued. It sounds dark, and I'm curious to see when it's set, what the magic system is like (if indeed there is one), what the writing's like, if it's more of a jump scary type of book, or a creepy slow paced book (my money's on creepy and slow paced). I hope I like it. 

9. The Seven Deaths of Evelyn Hardcastle, by Stuart Turton 
I read this a few years ago, and very much enjoyed the way the story unfolded, the way you jump from character to character to try and figure out the mystery of Evelyn Hardcastle's death. It took me over a week to read (and I'm hoping that I'll be able to read it quicker this time around). 
Basically, you have seven days to figure out what happened to Evelyn Hardcastle, and you're reading from, I guess a sentient being, that controls different guests that are stationed around the house. From where each character is at any point in the day, you have to piece together the mysery. And if you haven't figured it out by the end of the week, the week starts again, and you lose any and all knowledge that you learned previously. It's extremely gripping and mysterious, and I am very, very excited to merge back into this awesome book. 


And those are the books I'm hoping to read this month guys! Feel free to comment what it is that you all are reading this month and we can talk about it. 
I hope you have a wonderful day and I'll see you all soon! 
Byeeeee! 

-Abi xxxxx

















No comments:

Post a Comment