Monday 4 September 2023

September TBR (2023)

 Hey guys, this is Abi here, 

And I'm back! With none other but my September TBR for 2023! 

I'm including just five books for this because most of them are over 400 pages, and two are 500+. 

I like big books and I cannot lie! 

Let's get on. I hope you enjoy. 


1. Happy Place, by Emily Henry 

I'm currently about 100 pages into this and although I haven't prioritised it like I wanted to, it never takes much for me to become invested in the story at a moment's notice. As always with Emily Henry's books, there are funny moments, heartfelt moments and thoroughly cute moments that make my heart skip. Another solid Emily Henry book to add to the ranks. 
(Side note: If you want to know what this is about, I tell you in my August TBR and this Anticipated Releases post.)

2. The Shadow Sister (Seven Sisters #3), by Lucinda Riley 

I am so excited to continue on with this series, you don't understand. This is fast becoming one of my favourite series' of all time and I never want to stop reading it. 
This time around, we're following Star, the third sister, whose life is very closesly intertwined with her sister CeCe, seeing that they're only a few months apart. Star is currently at crossroads in her life when Pa Salt, her adopted father suddenly passes away. When she nervously decides to pursue the co-ordinates left for her from her father, she finds herself at a bookshop in the Lake District. 

Honestly, that's all I know or need to know. I love Lake District, having just been, and bookshops of course, and I know I'm going to love reading from Star's POV. 

3. The Poppy War (The Poppy War #1), by R.F. Kuang 

This is the last book on my "Want to Read" shelf on Goodreads, I was gifted the entire series several months ago. It's time I start this. I don't usually start a second series when I'm already reading one, especially one as vast and long as the Seven Sisters, but being how I'm not marathoning that, and coming back to the series every so often, I reckon I can handle this too. 
Very much the dark and nitty gritty book that fantasy readers gravitate to, The Poppy War follows Rin- a warrior from the slums of Rooster Providence- fighting her way through the Academies and Sinegard- to earn respect from her classmates and teachers- to the very depth of war, where she discovers a dark and terrifying power that just might end the war. 
Discussing themes such as death and addiction- this is one book that I can't wait to pick up this month. 

4. I Invited Her In, by Adele Parks 

This book looked intriguing after I read the blurb. Kind of all the decision making that came into picking this up. 
This is a very simple premise, so I'm just going to quote it:
"Imagine the worst thing a friend could ever do. 
THIS IS WORSE.
When Mel receives an unexpected email from her oldest 
friend Abi, it brings back memories she thought she had
buried forever. Their friendship belonged in the past. To 
those carefree days at University. 

But Abi is in trouble and needs Mel's help, and she wants
a place to stay. Just for a few days, while she sorts things
out. It's the least Mel can do. 
After all, friends look out for each other, don't they?" 

I think this'll be a nice change in book, so I've stuck it on this TBR in the hope that I'm in the mood for it when it's next on the list. 

5. Open re-read 

Of course I have to have this option at the end. Four books for an entire month just wasn't enough? (Even if I am being a tad ambitious adding a fifth book with the length of some others.) 
But right now, I have no idea what that fifth book will be- so I'm holding it open to a re-read. 
After finishing THUG, I was basically reaching for The Help almost straightaway. But with the constant advertisements for The Book Thief musical popping up on my facebook, I'm also considering re-reading the book (no I'm not seeing the musical, for some reason it doesn't sit right with me). 
So, we'll see which one I go with. 


Okay! Those are the books I'm hoping to read in September! 
As always, feel free to comment down below what you're planning to read this month, or if you like to read a specific type of book, now that Autumn is looming! 

I hope you have a wonderful evening and I'll see you all soon! 
Byeeee! 

-Abi xxxx



No comments:

Post a Comment