Hey guys, this is Abi here,
And I cannot tell you how excited I am to be back doing TBR's! At one point I used to rely on them to count towards my posting goal, and there were months I'm ashamed to say, when TBR's and wrap ups were all I was posting.
But since it's been a long time since I've done one, and had to rely on other ideas, I'm hoping I won't go back to that (I have a ton of new post ideas).
Without further ado, I hope you enjoy!
1. Strangers in Time, by David Baldacci
I picked this up because it looked the most appealing, from what I had on my unread shelf.
I'd already selected this monthly TBR for October, but after finishing Every Heart A Doorway, had a few days spare, and I didn't want to start on this TBR until 1st October.
But now, I'm one day away from the start of the month, and I'm 14 pages in, due to becoming engrossed in Down Among the Sticks and Bones.
The way I'm feeling now, I might just give this book a week, to see how I feel about it, and if I'm not feeling into it, I might have to return it to the unread shelf for another day.
If you didn't know, Strangers in Time is about two teenagers, Charlie and Molly, that are in the middle of WWII London, unaccounted for, without parents, just trying to get through the Blitz- and stay alive in the process.
They are taken in by an unexpected ally, Ignatius Oliver, owner of The Book Keep (bookshop), and are all just trying to do their best to live through the Blitz as best they can- until their newfound peace is jeopardized as the past catches up to them...
2. Monstress, Volume 1: The Awakening, by Marjorie M. Liu
3. Monstress, Volume 2: The Blood, by Marjorie M. Liu
4. Monstress, Volume 3: Haven, by Marjorie M. Liu
At the moment, I'm not sure if I want to re-read both volumes 1 &2, because it hasn't been that long, and Volume 1 is quite long, but I've stuck both on there, just in case.
Monstress is the type of series where I want to be sure I've remembered everything, because you never know what could be important down the line.
However, don't be surprised if I end up jist refreshing Volume 2.
In spite of all that, I thoroughly enjoyed Volume 1 & 2, and am looking forward to reading Volume 3- no spoilers though- never for a series.
5. If I Stay (If I Stay #1), by Gayle Forman
6. Where She Went (If I Stay #2), by Gayle Forman
After looking high and low for my copy of If I Stay, I have ordered a copy from Ebay for about £2.
Hopefully I enjoy it now as much as I did the first time I read it.
Where She Went takes place three years later, reading from the POV of Adam. I won't tell you what happens in If I Stay, but I will say that it involves a lot of Mia in book two. Since I was satisfied with the If I Stay ending of the film/book, I was never that curious about Where She Went, until I came across it in a second-hand bookshop something a few months back.
Basically, I saw a chance to finish another series, and purchased it.
And now, I can't seem to get this sequel out of my head.
I found this hidden under my bed, along with a couple other forgotten about unread books, and my long-lost copy of Icebreaker, about a month ago.
XOXO in a nutshell, is probably best explained like this:
Jenny didn't get as good as she is at playing classical instruments without choosing work over fun. That is, until the night she meets Jaewoo, and finds herself walking through the night with him, the day before he flies home to South Korea.
With Jaewoo an ocean away, there's no point in dwelling on the impossible. Dwelling won't get her into the best music school, after all.
Until he turns up in the same town that Jenny and her mother have just moved to, to take care of her grandmother. Oh, and he's a student at the elite music school she's just been accepted into.
Turns out, he's a member of a world famous K-Pop band.
If only world famous K-Pop band members weren't banned from dating.
When a relationship could ruin any possible music prospects, as well as cost Jaewoo everything he has worked for, Jenny has to decide how much she is willing to risk, for love.
This probably isn't the best book for October, but what the heck! Sometimes you have to go with what you feel is right.
And XOXO feels like the right book to read at the moment.
8. Not Quite Dead Yet, by Holly Jackson
And then we skip to the murder. I included this in my Top Books I Want to Read Once I Finish this Godforsaken Re-read) post, as well as my Anticipated Releases (July- September 2025) post. Clearly this book went straight up my priority list when I bought it.
If you didn't know, Not Quite Dead Yet, follows Jet, a twenty-seven year old, living in Woodstock, Vermont, with her wealthy family. She has never left town, never pursued a career, never really been in a rush to do anything. I have time to figure things out, she thinks.
And then she's violently attacked, by an unknown enemy.
The Doctors say she has a week, before she dies from a massive brain injury.
So Jet has a week, to figure out who tried to kill her.
Or die trying.
Holly Jackson is the bestselling author of A Good Girl's Guide to Murder, so I know this is going to be a gripping and intense thriller, that will hook me to the very end. I'm so excited to see what I think of her books. Almost predicting a 5 star read here.
Okay! Those are all of the books I plan to read in the month of October! I hope you enjoyed reading about them and, as always, feel free to comment down below what you plan to read, watch or play, in this very spooky month of October!
I hope you have a wonderful day, and I'll see you all soon!
Byeeee!
-Abi xxxxx








No comments:
Post a Comment