Wednesday 1 February 2017

February TBR (2017)

Hey guys, this is Abi here,
And as it is now February, it is now time for my February TBR (2017)!

Febraury TBR (2017)
Today I am posting the books that I will be reading in February! I read a lot more than I was expecting to in January, and all I want to do this month is continue to do that, which is why I have a couple more books on my list this month!
The books that I am reading this month, I guess you are could say are the runt of the pile. They are the books I still want to read, but not too much. So this month is going to be dedicated to those books (these are the ones that have been in my TBR for the longest time!

1. The One Memory of Flora Banks, by Emily Barr
I have already finished this book, (I finished it like 5 minutes ago, and I'm just talking about it now). I read this in two days, because it isn't too big, but I did have some problems with it. The ending pulled my rating up though, because it was really good. This book is about a girl called Flora Banks (duhhh, Abi) who has amnesia, so she can't remember anything. Like within three or four hours of experiencing something, she forgets it. But then she remembers something. And ALL HELL BREAKS LOOSE. No, I'm totally kidding. But things do escalade from there. This book is short and sweet, and I will be reviewing it at some point in the next week.

2. The Uncommoners The Crooked Sixpence, by Jennifer Bell
I don't know much about this, except for the fact that it was recommended by someone who I trust (we like a lot of the same books), and that's good enough for me! But I did actually read like the first ten pages when I first got it, and I grabbed me straight away. It just sounds so quirky and fun, which makes sense because it is a middle grade book. But this looks like a cool and easy read, and I am really looking forward to read it!

3. The Hate List, by Jennifer Brown
I do actually know a fair amount this book (I should do, it's been on my TBR long enough). This is about a couple called Valerie & Nick. Now Valerie and Nick's lives have been made a misery from the time that they were really young. So naturally, they make a Hate List of all the people that have made their lives a misery. The same list that Nick uses to pick his targets the day he goes into school with a gun. That's all I'm going to say about the book, but what I think this book is mostly about is the aftermath of the shooting. It's set from Valerie's perspective, and I think it will be interesting to see what her thoughts are. Also really looking to reading this one!
4. Harvesting the Heart, by Jodi Picoult
I HAVE ANOTHER JODI PICOULT BOOK. My Nan gave me this. THANK-YOU NAN! I don't know much about it, to be honest. Need to do some more research. But it'll probably have a plot twist that blows everything out of proportion; it'll probably have a court case, because most Jodi Picoult books do. I just know that it's about a person called Paige, who when she was 5, her mother left. Now, 20 years later, she finds herself married and with a child of her own. But her mother's behaviour makes her wonder about whether she will ever be a good Mother. I'm kind of hesitant to pick this up, to be honest, because it sounds kind of strange. But this month is about reading books that I am hesitant to read. And it's by Jodi Picoult, so I definitely know I'll enjoy it. So, it sounds okay, and I hope I like it.
5. The Casual Vacancy, by J K Rowling
I think out of all of the books in this list, this one has been on my TBR the longest. I got given this last summer, and somehow I still haven't read this. What I think is holding me back, is that this book has been given a lot of mixed reviews (at least what I've heard). But I need to read this and review it, just so I can finish it, and put it up on my bookshelf.
6. Not If I See You First, by Eric Lindstrom
I really don't think I am going to get to this book this month, but I thought I might just stick it in at the end of the list, just in case, because I said the last thing last month, and look how that turned out! But this book isn't too big or time consuming, and it looks really interesting and cool, so I might try and read this this month. This hasn't been on my TBR for too long, but it is one of those books that I want to read before it becomes a problem. But I am really looking forward to reading this!

So that was my February TBR (2017)! I doubt I'll get to every book on this list, but just in case, I have done a fairly large list for this month! Anyway, if you guys have any thoughts on anything on this post, let me know in the comments!
I hope you have a wonderful day, and I will see you on Friday, when I will be posting my review of Wayfarer, the concluding book in the Passengers duology!
Byeeee!

-Abi xxxxx








No comments:

Post a Comment