Monday 20 April 2020

Disney Films I Wish Would Be Remade

Hey guys, this is Abi here,
And today I'm not writing about books, but about Disney movies! More specifically, about which Disney movies I would like to be remade.
I feel like this new era of remaking Disney movies, and fairy-tale began with Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. And while that may not be a Disney movie, the majority of films that have been remade have been Disney films!

1. Treasure Planet
Although I don't watch this as much as I should (I actually haven't watched this in years) I think this film was made to be readapted in the way that so many Disney have already been adapted. I mean, it's about a ship in space that can fly. I just think the graphics would be absolutely phenomenal, and even though I know the film is amazing, I think it's a Disney film that often goes pushed under the radar, especially competing with films like Frozen or Moana.



2. Robin Hood
I found out, after putting this film on this particular list, that Robin Hood is in fact being readapted again, which I am so happy about. The only problem is, it's going to be on Disney+. From sources on the internet, it's going to be the same kind of graphics as Lady and the Tramp. There aren't currently any actors confirmed, but the contract was signed before the outbreak and the social distancing rule was released, but it will still go ahead. The writer of Lady and the Tramp will be working on this adaption too, alongside director Carloz Lopez Estrada. No release date as of yet.

3. Hercules
In my opinion, there is no film like Hercules in the history of Disney. I love the songs, the characters, the premise, and the sarcastic humour. I think it would be really cool to see how Disney would remake this if they were to do it today. I think they could make Hades look really interesting. I can't be the only one that thinks this would be an amazing remake, can I?


4. Peter Pan
It appears I'm behind on the game on finding out about Disney remakes, because it turns out Peter Pan is getting a remake as well. It's titled "Peter and Wendy", and I have to wonder, why the title change? Maybe there's more of a subplot on the relationship between Peter and Wendy perhaps. Or maybe I'm just clutching at straws. The two leads have been confirmed, but because of how far away this film is from being released, I'm not sure how credible the leads are. But what I like about a Peter Pan retelling, is that there are a million directions that this film could take and it would still be amazing.


5. Wall-E
Although this isn't my favourite Disney film, I think it would be absolutely perfect to be adapted. There are very few science fiction Disney films around (other than Treasure Island at the top of the list), and I just think it would be absolutely amazing to see what Wall-E's part of the world looks like if it was remade today. I should really watch this again sometime.

Okay, and that's the list! I hope you enjoyed it and feel free to write below what films you think should be adapted!
 I hope you have a wonderful day and I'll see you all soon.
Byeeee!

-Abi xxxx


No comments:

Post a Comment