Tuesday 7 September 2021

September TBR (2021)

 Hey guys, this is Abi here, 

And I'm back with my September TBR (2021)! 

I've finally made my way through some of the books I've compiled over the last couple of months, so now I can get some more! (And with my birthday coming up, it's perfect timing!)

Here's what I plan to read this month, enjoy! 


1. Everything I Never Told You, by Celeste Ng

I just started this yesterday and I feel like I'm already deep into the story. I'm only 50 pages in and I can already tell, I've only just scratched the surface. 

If you didn't know, Everything I Never Told You tells you the story the Lee family, a Chinese-American family living in small-town Ohio in the 1970s. Lydia is parents Marilyn and James' favourite child and they are determined that she will fulfill the dreams they never got the chance to accomplish. Until she's found dead in a lake and the foundation that they've been building for years is shattered. 

2. You and Me on Vacation, by Emily Henry 

I read Beach Read by Emily Henry last October and loved it, and with all the hype surrounding this one, I knew I had to pick it up. 
Long story short, this is a hate-to-potential love, and then someone screws up and they might risk their whole relationship story. With holidays thrown in every year. What's not to love? 

3. Hani and Ishu's Guide to Fake Dating, by Adiba Jaigirdar

Basically the same situation as the previous book. I loved The Henna Wars so I was eager to pick this up too. 
"Everyone like Humaira "Hani" Khan- she's easy going and one of the most popular girls at school. But when she comes out to her friends as bisexual, they invalidate her identity, saying she can't be bi if she's only dated guys. Panicked, Hani blurts out that she's in a relationship... with a girl her friends absolutely hate- Ishita "Ishu" Dey. Ishu is the complete opposite of Hani. She's an academic overachiever who hopes that becoming head girl will set her on the right track for college. But Ishita agrees to help Hani, if Hani will help her become more popular so she stands a chance of being elected head girl. 

Despite their mutually beneficial pact, they start developing real feelings for each other. But relationships are complicated, and some people will do nything to stop two Bengali girls from achieving happily ever after." 

4. The entire Trials of Apollo series, by Rick Riordan 

Which consists of: 

The Hidden Oracle,The Dark Prophecy, The Burning Maze, The Tyrant's Tomb and The Tower of Nero

5. The entire Magnus Chase series, by Rick Riordan 

Which consists of: 

The Sword of Summer, The Ship of the Dead, The Hammer of Thor 


So, from what I've read, these two series' are meant to be read in chronilogical order, meaning I should be reading them at the same time, kind of intertwined, because they take place at around the same time. I'm not sure how much they'll overlap, but the way I see it is that it's a chance to knock out two full series' at the same time, and read one big story, which sounds fantastic. 

I'm so excited to jump right into these series' because it means I'll be completely caught up on all of Rick Riordan's books! Finally! 


Okay! Those are the books I plan to read this month! I don't doubt that I won't be getting to all of these, but I'll give it a try! These are honestly the books I plan to read next. 

Right! I hope you have a wonderful day and I'll see you all soon! 

Byeeee! 

-Abi xxxxx



No comments:

Post a Comment