Wednesday 1 September 2021

August Wrap Up (2021)

 Hey guys, this is Abi here, 

And I'm back with my wrap up for the month! 

Hold on to your hats, I read a lot this month. More than any other month so far this year actually. 

In August, I read a total of 12 books. 

Here are my thoughts. 

Enjoy! 


1. The Red Pyramid (The Kane Chronicles #1), by Rick Riordan 

2. The Throne of Fire (The Kane Chronicles #2), by Rick Riordan 

3. The Serpeant's Shadow (The Kane Chronicles #3), by Rick Riordan 

Honestly, I wasn't sure if I wanted to pick this series up, or whether I actually needed to read it. But I decided, if I'm going to catch up on all Rick Riordan's books, then I need to read this too. And it turns out, this has been my favourite series so far. I read the majority of this in one day (24 hour readathon) and I enjoyed myself immensely doing so. 
My main thought regarding this trilogy is that I think it's severely underrated. I loved the back and forth of Sadie and Carter, and the way they went from being almost complete strangers to working together as a solid team. 

4. First Term at Malory Towers (Malory Towers #1), by Enid Blyton 

5. Second Form at Malory Towers (Malory Towers #2), by Enid Blyton 

6. Third Year at Malory Towers #3), by Enid Blyton 

It was the most wonderful thing to be back reading about this wonderful boarding school, and all the cheery characters that make me laugh, tear up, and gasp in shock at all the weird and wonderful goings on in this amazing school. These books are short and sweet, just under 200 pages each, I read each of these in a day. Some of my favourite books from when I was a child. 

7. Felix Ever After, by Kacen Callender

This had been on my "Want to read" for a couple of years now, so when I saw it in a Waterstones, I took the chance to get it. Everybody I'd talked to, (or read their Goodreads comments) had loved this book, so I was hoping it would be a slow burn to prevent a reading slump after my 24 hour readathon. It was exactly what I needed this month, and it was wonderful to be able to get some form of grasp of the perspective of a trans protagonist. 

8. Upper Fourth at Malory Towers (Malory Towers #4), by Enid Blyton 

9. In the Fifth at Malory Towers (Malory Towers #5), by Enid Blyton 

10. Last Term at Malory Towers (Malory Towers #6), by Enid Blyton 

After finishing Felix Ever After, I knew that these books would be next. They're quick to fly through, and I find that the further along I get into the series, the more I tend to enjoy them (not that I have a favourite of course). These books have been amazing to revisit, and I'm so happy I was able to. These characters will always hold a special place in my heart and there'll always be a small part of me that wishes I could have gone to a girl's boarding school. 

11. Audrey, by Sean-Paul Thomas 

All my in-depth thoughts are already on my blog- you can find them here, but to put it in short- I loved this book. 4.5 stars, the only problem I had was a miniscule one, not even worth taking note of. And honestly, although this book isn't something I typically pick up, this book has changed my opinion (by that I mean that I'm thinking I'll try books outside my comfort zone more often- because this is definitely the opposite of what I tend to read)! 
I'll definitely be reading more of Sean-Paul Thomas' books in the immediate future. 

12. Dark Blue Rising (The Circle Trilogy #1), by Teri Terry 

This was basically a re-read to refresh before jumping into Red Sky Burning but honestly I was super excited to jump back into the murky world in Dark Blue Rising. I read this in three days, and it got me pumped to continue on with the next book (which I'm currently working through now). 
The first time I read this, I said it contained everything I love about Teri Terry's stories and her writing. It's good to know that that hasn't changed. 


Okay! Those are the books that I read this month! I'm so happy with everything I managed to get to this month, so let's hope it can continue in September (though I've got some stuff on so we'll see). 
I hope you have a wonderful day, and I'll see you all soon with my September TBR (2021)! 
Byeeeee! 

-Abi xxxxx



No comments:

Post a Comment