Tuesday 19 October 2021

Birthday Book Haul!

 Hey guys, this is Abi here, 

And I'm here with a book haul. I obtained these books over the month of September and my week in Bristol and over that time I got a fair few books, which I would like to share with you! 

Without further ado, enjoy! 


1. Magnus Chase trilogy, by Rick Riordan 

Consists of: -The Sword of Summer 

-The Hammer of Thor

-The Ship of the Dead

I'm currently reading book one at the moment, and actually really enjoying it, despite this being the third Rick Riordan series I've started where the protagonist starts off completely oblivious to their parentage. Nothing against that start, I'm happy enough because it's Norse mythology as opposed to Greek, I've just read a lot of these kind of beginnings. 

It's actually more exciting to know nothing about anything to do with Norse mythology, (like I'm familiar with the Greek Gods names, likes Ares, Artemis and Apollo, but I have no idea what kind of characteristics to expect from the offspring of the Norse Gods). 

Looking forward to seeing what I think about this new series. 

2. Trials of Apollo series, by Rick Riordan 

Consists of: -The Hidden Oracle

-The Dark Prophecy 

-The Burning Maze

-The Tyrant's Tomb

-The Tower of Nero

Finished the first book a couple of days ago and I'm eager to continue on with the series. I imagine I've only scraped the surface with what's to come with this series, being five books and all, but I'm hoping that the second book is as well received as book 1 has been. (If you didn't know, this series is about the god Apollo being turned completely human and having to go on quests and complete missions in order to earn back his godliness status- the egotistical comments have me biting my lip to keep from laughing too much.) 

3. Endgame (Noughts and Crosses #6), by Malorie Blackman 
Endgame is the sixth and final book in the Noughts and Crosses series, my absolute favourite-of-all-time series that will never be replaced. Honestly, I had no clue that this would be out as soon as it was, and I was elated to see it casually sitting in Waterstones one day. Although I desperately want to jump straight into this (no doubt fantastic story), as it's the final book in the series, I think I'll re-read the earlier books before I start this. And I'm not going to do that until I read the series above, so Endgame might be on this list for a while. 

4. Hani and Ishu's Guide to Fake Dating, by Adiba Jaigirdar 
Honestly, one of the reasons I picked this up because it was on the BOGOHP shelf in Waterstones a few weeks back. Of course, that's not the main reason I picked it up. I remember loving The Henna Wars by the same author last year, and I knew it would be the perfect book to pick up, if I needed a light, well-written romance. 
I really want to get to this soon so hopefully it won't be stuck collecting dust in my pile of unread books in January. 

5. One Last Stop, by Casey McQuiston 
Casey McQuiston grabbed everyone's attention with her debut novel, Red White and Royal Blue. This book won a couple of Goodreads Awards too. That book didn't really appeal to me for some reason, but this one did. Upon seeing it in a bookshop, I inclined to pick it up. 
I don't even know much about this, other than it's an LGBT romance about a girl stuck in a time loop, on a train and another girl wanting to help. Honestly I don't need to know anything else to know that this is a book I need to read, soon. 

6. Paper Girls, Vol. 1, by Brian Vaughan 
I always said to myself, when I was reading all of the Rick Riordan series' this year, that the Paper Girls graphic novel series was going to be the next series I would pick up afterwards. And now I've got the first volume to get me started! 
All I know about this series is that it's about a group of girls, tough girls, that have a newspaper, but stumble upon "the most important story of all time." 
On halloween. 
Halloween. 
Personally, I think it's something supernatural. In which case, these couple of months is the perfect time to pick this up. 
I'm excited if you can't tell. 


Okay! Those are all the books that I've bought recently! 
I'm currently 11 books away from completing my Goodreads goal, and most of these books will be part of that list this year, without a doubt. 
I guess I'm kind of done buying books this year... 
Which is... fine. 
Kind of. 

Okay! I hope you have a wonderful evening, and I'll see you all very soon! 
Byeeee! 

-Abi xxxxx





No comments:

Post a Comment