Sunday 3 October 2021

September Wrap Up & October TBR (2021)

 Hey guys, this is Abi here, 

And I'm back with my wrap up and TBR for October. 

I didn't post, or read a lot either, which is why I'm putting these two together. 

But I'm back, and hopefully with a more persistant schedule. 

Enjoy! 


September Wrap Up (2021) 

I read a total of three books in the month of September. 

I'm not gonna lie, it just wasn't on my list of priorities for September. 

But that's okay! 

Here are the books I read last month. 


1. Red Sky Burning (The Circle Trilogy #2), by Teri Terry 

The second book in The Circle Trilogy series. Although I liked the direction the story was going, there weren't enough highs and lows in the story (or at least as drastic and intense as I like to read about in Tery Terry's stories). We met some more characters and it was a nice book, getting from the end of book 1 and the start of the third and final book, but it took me a while to get through. 3/5 stars. 


2. Everything I Never Told You, by Celeste Ng

Going into this, I was excited to venture into something I don't usually pick up. This centres around a chinese-american family living in Ohio in the 1970s, I think. Anyway, the whole family are thrown into chaos when the Lee parents eldest daughter is found dead. It jumps from past events, leading up the Lydia's death, to the aftermath, and the Lee family struggling to come to terms with it. 

The transition to the different time periods was flawless, and I thoroughly enjoyed it. This is the kind of story that says a lot without many words, as it's a fairly short book, under the 400 page mark. Looking forward to picking up Little Fires Everywhere soon. 


3. You and Me on Vacation, by Emily Henry 

No problems with this one. Just as enjoyable a read as Beach Read, which I read just under a year ago. Solid, likeable characters, great chemistry between Poppy and Alex, which I enjoyed immensely. If you're looking for a nice and easy summer read (or winter if you feel like it, heck I read this in September and Beach Read in October). 
Wonderfully light and well-written. 


October TBR (2021)
I'm still not sure how many of these I'm actually going to finish this month, but I'll set up an ambitious TBR anyway, because why not? 

1. To Kill A Mockingbird Graphic Novel, by Harper Lee 
I'm just over halfway through this at the moment and it's so good! It's on my book bucket list, and the first one I'll get to cross off as completed. 
To Kill A Mockingbird is just one of those books that you have to read before you die, this book is timeless and I'm so glad to finally be reading it. Thoughts in this month's wrap up (or even a review? Not sure yet.) 

2. The Appeal, by Janice Hallett 
This was given to me by a colleague a few days ago after we both enjoyed The Thursday Murder Club a few months ago. I don't like to keep borrowed books too often, so I've stuck it on my TBR for the month (even though it's quite the chunker at 445 pages, so I'm not sure how long it'll take me to read it- especially in my current reading state) but I'm willing to give it a go. 
I know absolutely nothing about this book other than what's on the front cover. One murder, fifteen suspects and honestly, that's all I need to know. You could say that this is a book that's outside my usual genre bubble, which I'm looking forward to tackling once more. 
Let's see how I get on. 

3. Carrie, by Stephen King
I'm currently in Bristol for the week, and I chose Carrie for my (buy a book to mark a place) thing considering it's a short read, and one that I've meaning to get to since I posted my All the Stephen King Books I Want To Read post. I'm hoping I'll be able to get through it quickly before the month is out, because I've seen both films and enjoyed both. Carrie is actually Stephen King's debut, so I'm looking forward to seeing where he was at the start of his published works. Another potential review. 

4. Trials of Apollo series, by Rick Riordan 
(Which consists of:
1.The Hidden Oracle
2. The Dark Prophecy 
3. The Burning Maze
4. The Tyrant's Tomb 
5. The Tower of Nero)

5. Magnus Chase trilogy, by Rick Riordan 
(Which consists of:
1. The Sword of Summer
2. The Ship of the Dead
3. The Hammor of Thor)

I stuck all of these on my TBR for the month of September and obviously I didn't manage to get to them. These two series are the only ones I have left to read before I'm up to date with all of Rick Riordan's books so they're being tacked on to the end of this month's too. I won't be reading them in series order, because they take place at the same time, which I have researched and worked out. 


Okay! That's all I have for you today! I appreciate this was a long post so thankyou to the people that stuck around to the end. 
I hope you enjoyed the content and as always, feel free to post what you'll all be reading this month, whether it's summer romances or spooky halloween-ish reads, like me! 

I hope you have a wonderful day and I'll see you all soon! 
Byeeee! 

-Abi xxxxx











No comments:

Post a Comment