Monday 6 December 2021

December TBR (2021)

 Hey guys, this is Abi here, 

And it's December! 

Last TBR of the year! 

I've already completed my Goodreads Reading Goal for the year (always wanted to finish in November, and I've finally done it, so I'm extremely happy about that) so I'm just going to take it easy for the rest of the year. 

Basically, it'll be a ton of standalones because I've read so many series' recently. 

Without further ado, enjoy! 


1. Crossfire (Noughts and Crosses #5), by Malorie Blackman 

2. Endgame (Noughts and Crosses #6), by Malorie Blackman 


Endgame came out mid September, and it's an absolute travesty that I haven't got to it. Of course I had to re-read the entire Noughts and Crosses series beforehand, or else I wouldn't be able to fully emerge myself into the story. 
I'm currently just over 100 pages into Crossfire and although I don't love it as much as the original four, I'm gradually getting more and more into it. It's more of a slow burner than the others, but it feels like it's rising and rising to well, Endgame. Crossfire introduces you to characters that weren't there before, so maybe that's why I'm likening to the story a little bit slower, but I'm looking forward to seeing what happens in the sixth and final book of the phemonal Noughts and Crosses series. 

3. Hani and Ishu's Guide to Fake Dating, by Adiba Jaigirdar 

Another book that's just been collecting dust on my TBR shelf for a while, but it's never been the right time to pick it up. Honestly, I know little to nothing about this book, but since The Henna Wars was one of my favourite novels of 2020, so I figured that I don't need to know much about it to know that I'll probably really enjoy it. So I'm reading it. As soon as I can. 

4. One Last Stop, by Casey McQuiston 

Out of all the standalones on this list, this is the one that I'm looking forward to reading the most. I'm sure there's more to this than I know, but from what I gather, this is about two girls, trying to get out of a time loop, on a train of all places. 
Here's the actual synopsis: 
"For cynicle twentry-three-year-old August, moving to New York City is supposed to prove her right: that things like magic and cinematic love stories don't exist, and the only smart way to go through life is alone. She can't imagine how waiting tables at a 24-hour pancake diner and moving in with too many weird roommates could possibly change that. And there's certainly no chance of her subway commute being anything more than a daily trudge through boredom and electrical failures. 
But then, there's this gorgeous girl on the train. 
Jane. Dazzling, charming, mysterious, impossible Jane. Jane with her rough edges and swoopy hair and soft smile, showing up in a leather jacket to save August's day when she needed it most. August's subway crush becomes the best part of her day, but pretty soon, she discovers there's one big problem: Jane doesn't just look like an old school punk rocker. She's literally displaced in time from the 1970s, and August is going to have to use everything she tried to leave in her own past to help her. Maybe it's time to start believeing in some things, after all." 
I didn't get the hype of Red, White and Royal Blue when it came out, but this seems like it's right up my alley. It's been a while since I've read a contemporary of this size, so I'm excired for the challenge. 

5. You'll Be the Death of Me, by Karen M. McManus 

I don't know what it is about Karen M. McManus' books, but as soon as I obtain one, onto the next month's TBR it goes. This premise is simple: three kids bunking off, skipping school, whatever you want to call it, who follow another kid that's acting weird. Then proceed to walk straight into a murder scene. 
I've enjoyed every single one of Karen's books and I'm excited to add another installment to my collection. 


Okay! Those are the books I'm hoping to read this month! These books (most of them at least) are past their due date to be read and I can't wait to get them. 

But hey! Don't forget to let me know in the comments what you plan to read this month as we say goodbye to 2021! 

I hope you have a wonderful day and I'll see you all soon! 

Byeee! 

-Abi xxxxx




No comments:

Post a Comment