Tuesday 30 November 2021

November Wrap Up (2021)

 Hey guys, this is Abi here, 

And we've reached the end of another month! Where's the time going? 

I feel like everyone's gotten into the christmas spirit early this year, I've seen trees go up the first week of November and I am here for it. 

It almost feels surreal that December is only two days away. 

But time goes on, and my wrap up must be done! 

Here's what I read this month. 

Enjoy :) . 


1. The Hammor of Thor (Magnus Chase and the Gods of Asgard #2), by Rick Riordan 

Have you ever been so relieved to have finished a book that you've gladly forgotten most of what happened in it? That's what's happened with this. I can remember the odd chapter or detail, but most of all the almost over-whelming relief that I've finished this. 3 stars, because, this was average to me. 


2. Paper Girls Vol. 2 (Paper Girls #2), by Brian K. Vaughan 

Going into this, I wasn't quite sure on how I felt about this series. I felt like it hadn't really settled into a rhythm yet and I wasn't sure where it was going to go and whether I liked it or not. This was the graphic novel that changed that. I finally got a feel for the characters, and started to enjoy it. I still had no idea where the series was going (that was a recurring thought throughout) but that was part of what I enjoyed about Paper Girls

3. The Ship of the Dead (Magnus Chase and the Gods of Asgard #3), by Rick Riordan 

The third and final book was relatively better than the second, but I'm still happy that I'm finished with this series. I'm actually considering popping this trilogy on the unhaul list that I recently posted, because at the moment, I'm fairly confident that I'm never going to want to visit this world and these characters again. But then, maybe my disliking this series so much might have something to do with the fact that I tried to read all of Rick Riordan's series' in one year? Maybe that has something to do with it? I don't know. Let me know in the comments you guys. 

4. Paper Girls Vol. 3 (Paper Girls #3), by Brian K. Vaughan 

5. Paper Girls Vol. 4 (Paper Girls #4), by Brian K. Vaughan 

6. Paper Girls Vol. 5 (Paper Girls #5), by Brian K. Vaughan 

7. Paper Girls Vol. 6 (Paper Girls #6), by Brian K. Vaughan 

I've found that with each graphic novel series I try (or the Brian K. Vaughan ones at least) that I reach a point where I just want to marathon them until I reach the end. (It might be because I found two volumes in an end independant comic store and thought why not? Probably is actually.) 
But that's not the point. The point is that I couldn't get this series, and the twisty turns I was being led down whenever I seemed to pick it up, out of my head. It was a constant plaguing through my time reading the third Magnus Chase book. 
As you can see, I absolutely loved them. Four and five stars through, these novels are guaranteed to make it to my Favourites books list of the year. It's all explained so well, without making it seem too info-dumpy, I loved each and every character that was introduced throughout the series, whether they were there through multiple volumes, or just the one. I'm so glad I read these. 

8. Noughts and Crosses (Noughts and Crosses #1), by Malorie Blackman

9. Knife-edge (Noughts and Crosses #2), by Malorie Blackman

10. Checkmate (Noughts and Crosses #3), by Malorie Blackman 

I acquired Endgame, the sixth and final book in the Noughts and Crosses series back in July, so of course I had to re-read the whole series before picking up. There were no if, ands or buts about it. If you didn't already know, this is my Number 1 series of all time, and I doubt that'll change anytime soon. 
I still have Double Cross, my current read, Crossfire and Endgame left to read, and I'm so excited to jump back into this world (even though I basically know the first four books off by heart). 
It makes me sad that there won't be any more books after Endgame, but I'm exicted to see how it all wraps up. Fingers crossed it's good. 


Okay! Those are all the books I read this month! I'm genuinely surprised by how many books I managed to get to this month, and even though they didn't exactly mirror what I wanted to read at the start of the month, I genuinely enjoyed most of what I read. 
As always, let me know what kind of books you read this month, as well as any thoughts you might have. Did you love them them/ hate them? Or still not sure? Let me know! 
I hope you have a wonderful evening and I'll see you all soon! 
Byeeeee! 

-Abi xxxxx



No comments:

Post a Comment