Tuesday 4 January 2022

January TBR (2022)

 Hey guys, this is Abi here, 

And we're into 2022! 

It's finally here! 

And I'm back with an ambitious TBR.

Probably the only one for the year, but if January isn't the month, which one is?

Without further ado, enjoy! 


1. One Last Stop, by Casey McQuiston

I finally started reading this a couple of days ago and I'm about a quarter of the way in. Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if this ends up being one of my favourites of the year. It seemed to be everybody else's, because it was on the Goodreads Choice Awards for last year. 
One Last Stop follows Autumn, who has moved to New York to prove one thing: that things like magic and cinematic romance don't exist. She can't imagine how finding a job in a pancake diner and a home with a bunch of strangers could ever change that. Until she meets Jane: dazzling, charming and impossibly mysterious Jane. When Jane becomes the best part of her day, she discovers there's one big problem: Jane doesn't just look like an old-school punk rocker from the 1970s. She's literally dislodged in the 1970s, unable to leave the train station. August will have to use everything she's tried to leave behind in her past, if she'll be able to help Jane. Maybe it's time to start believing in magic after all. 

2. The Hidden Oracle (The Trials of Apollo #1), by Rick Riordan 

3. The Dark Prophecy (The Trials of Apollo #2), by Rick Riordan 

4. The Burning Maze (The Trials of Apollo #3), by Rick Riordan 

5. The Tyrant's Tomb (The Trials of Apollo #4), by Rick Riordan 

6. The Tower of Nero (The Trials of Apollo #5), by Rick Riordan 


I bought these a couple of months alongside the Magnus Chase trilogy. After reading two/ three books from that series, I decided to carry on and finish them, even though I was then supposed to jump back into the Trials of Apollo series after book two (I was trying to read them in chronological order). But after finishing that, I really wasn't in the mood to pick up yet another Rick Riordan series. 
But I am now. And so, this is my main focus for the month of January. Knock series one of the park, and finally be caught up on all of the Rick Riordan series' that are out. 
Because it's been a while since I read book 1, I'll be re-reading The Hidden Oracle as a refresher. 

7. You'll Miss Me When I'm Gone, by Rachel Lynn Solomon

For one of my Christmas presents, I asked my partner Jordan to pick a book (out of three) to get me for christmas. The options were this, Ready Player Two and All Boys Aren't Blue. It has now been revealed that he chose this. 
You'll Miss Me When I'm Gone is my oldest book on my "Want to Read" shelf on Goodreads, it's about twin sisters that are about to take a test to see if they have inherited the gene that will develop into Huntington's disease when they are older. The gene their mother has. 
One has the gene, the other does not, and You'll Miss Me When I'm Gone is about how the twin sisters deal with the knowledge and learn to accept it. 
Obviously there is going to be a huge emotional impact with this book- I mean, it's always a massive blow when you find out that a sibling- or even you- are going to develop a horrible condition in the future and I am ready with the tissues for this one. 

8. Girls of Paper and Fire (Girls of Paper and Fire #1), by Natasha Nyan

The other month I purchased the last book in this series- Girls of Fate and Fury and I figured I'd tack this on at the end of the TBR, because I would like to fully re-emerge myself into this world before tackling the third and final book next month. 
I would really love not to re-read this, because of the heavy subject matter, but because I've only read this a couple of times, I really need to if I have any chance of understanding book three. 
I don't know if I'm even going to start this in January, but I'm adding it on, just in case. 

Okay! That's my (very ambitious) TBR for the month of January! 
As always, feel free to comment what you plan to read in January, and we can talk about it! 
I hope you have a wonderful evening and I'll see you soon!
Byeeeee! 

-Abi xxxx

 



No comments:

Post a Comment