Sunday 9 January 2022

Reading Goals for 2022

 Hey guys, this is Abi here, 

And since it's the start of January, I think it's a good time to talk about my reading goals for the year. 

Without further ado, here are my goals: 


1. Goodreads Reading Goal. 

Of course this was going to be Goal 1). My goal this year is 70 books, which I know I can achieve relatively easily. I read 84 books last year, and lowering my goal this year means that hopefully, I'll be able to tackle some of the larger series that I've wanted to read for a while (at least one from my "Series I'm Intimidated to Start" post from a couple of years ago). Hopefully it also means that I'll be able to focus on some of these other goals as well!


2. Read most of my "Want to Read" shelf on Goodreads. 

 
I currently have 9 books left on my "Want to Read" shelf on Goodreads. Most of them are the first book in a series, but these three are some of the standalones. I want to get to at least half of the books on the list. Maybe I'll order them all at once, and or maybe I'll do them gradually. But one way or another, I will make these books a priority. 
Here's the full list:
1. You'll Miss Me When I'm Gone, by Rachel Lynn Solomon
2. The Exact Opposite of Okay, by Laura Steven 
3. The Poppy War (The Poppy War #1), by R.F. Kaung
4. Paperweight, by Meg Haston
5. Still Alice, by Lisa Genova
6. All Boys Aren't Blue, by George M. Johnson
7. Get A Life, Chloe Brown (The Brown Sisters #1), by Talia Hibbert 
                                           8. Early Departures, by Justin A. Reynolds                                                           9. Ready Player Two (Ready Player One #2), by Ernest Cline

3. Read at least three books per "Anticipated Releases" post. 

Since I do these posts every three months, I figured as a way to actually start reading these books that I'm really looking forward to reading, I'll start with one a month. And it's not going to be a random choice, it'll be one I want to read the most at that time. 

And if I manage to read 12, then I'll go back over 2021's anticipated releases! 

4. Read all the series' on my "Series TBR" post from last year. 

If you haven't seen it, you can check out my Series TBR, which was constructed last year, here, but I said I was going to be reading these in the year 2021. That changed when I decided to read all of Rick Riordan's series', (all five of them), rather than the original two that I had planned to read previously. But those series still need to be read, so they're being rolled over to this year, because there's no reason why I shouldn't get to them this year. 


5. Try and take in more of what I'm reading- and savour it if I'm enjoying it. 

I've never really got what people meant when they said that they wanted to savour a book. If I get engrossed in a novel, I always want to find out what happens next. 

Now I get it. 

Last year, I got stuck into the number of books I could read. And I barely remembered them like I used to. So this year, I'm going to take things slow, and savour every page. 

And really take in what I'm reading. Because, if you can't read for the stories, the world, the characters, and the overall enjoyment, then why are you reading?


Okay! Those are my goals for 2022! 

I hope you enjoyed it, and as always, feel free to comment what your goals are for the year! 

I hope you have a wonderful evening, and I'll see you all soon! 

Byeeee! 

-Abi xxxxx





No comments:

Post a Comment