Thursday 12 November 2020

Series' I'm Intimidated to Start

 Hey guys, this is Abi here, 

And today I will be listing the books/ series that I'm intimidated to read (because they're huge!) 

Just a disclaimer, I'm pretty sure these will all be adult fantasy series', so if you're not into that genre, you might want to skip this post! 

Enjoy! 


1. Robin Hobb books! 

I don't know how, but all of a sudden, maybe half way through the year, everybody was picking up this book (and the other nine books that take place within this world.) But there's so much hype for these books that I definitely want to read them soon. The only problem is, it's a ten book series (within books of three and four) and they're all huge. If I get the time to prioritise them, then maybe I'll start them in the new year. 
Series': The Farseer Trilogy 
(Assassin's Apprentice, Royal Assassin and Assassin's Quest)
Liveship Traders 
(Ship of Magic, The Mad Ship and Ship of Destiny)
Tawny Man 
(Fool's Errand, The Golden Fool & Fool's Fate)

2. The Stormlight Archive series, by Brandon Sanderson 

The Stormlight Archive series is kind of the same instance as the Robin Hobb books, but there are less of them! (Even though the fans of this series have had to wait a lot longer for these books to come out- a decade for four books) I'm likely to get on board with this series before the Robin Hobb books for that reason, but they're still intimidating because they're all 600+ pages. 
Books currently out: The Way of Kings 
Oathbringer
Words of Radiance 
Released 17/11/20: Rhythm of War

3. A Song of Ice and Fire series, by George R. R. Martin 

This series isn't about how long or how large it is (though these are huge too.) But this is about the hype, and how everybody loves this series (and the tv show too) when I've not even seen the tv show. I have no idea what I'm going to think, when I eventually pick it up. Will I even enjoy it? I hope so. 
(Though I think I will- I mean, how could I not? 
Books: A Game of Thrones 
A Clash of Kings 
A Storm of Swords
A Feast of Crows
A Dance with Dragons 

4. The Daevabad trilogy, by S.A. Chakraborty 

Another trilogy that everybody's been talking about recently! Again, I've heard absolutely amazing things about this series, the covers are absolutely beautiful (this version of the covers anyway), and it just sounds so interesting that I feel like I could polish off the whole trilogy in a week and a half if I was in the right mood. Why am I intimidated? Because again, they're all in the 600+ pages range, and I have no idea if I'm going to like them or not. The good news, the series is finished! The third book has just recently been released, so I wouldn't have to wait for another release after I've read them. 
Books: The City of Brass
The Kingdom of Copper
The Empire of Gold

5. The Poppy War trilogy, by R.F. Kuang 

It's ridiculous how long I've wanted to start reading this. I heard about The Poppy War back when it was released and somehow there are two new books out now and the trilogy is finished! I've heard the most about this trilogy (well, the first book) out of all of these, and everything I hear sounds super exciting, so I can't wait to get my hands on the first book (despite the intimidating size/ hype.) 
Books: The Poppy Wars
The Dragon Republic
The Burning God

Okay! So those are all the series I'm intimidated to start! I'm sure I'm going to love all of them, because they're all adult fantasy, but that doesn't mean I'm not scared to start them. I hope to get to some of these in the new year (most like City of Brass and The Poppy War, but we'll see.) 
Okay! That's all I have for you today, I hope you have a wonderful day and I'll see you all soon! 
Byeeeeee! 

-Abi xxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment