Friday 6 November 2020

Favourite Audiobooks So Far!

 Hey guys, this is Abi here, 

And today I will be talking about my favourite audiobooks! 

I've been listening to them for a while now, but this year is when I've really got into them, and I've enjoyed a lot of them. 

Enjoy! 


1. Becoming, by Michelle Obama 

As if Becoming wasn't already amazing, the audiobook is another level. It was narrated by Michelle herself, and that just added so much more. What I loved most about hearing Michelle narrate was the way you could tell how she felt about places, and people, based on the emotion in her voice as she spoke about the kind of things she experienced, growing up, and entering adulthood. It really completes the book as a whole, and you feel like you get to know Michelle more as a person when listening to her telling her story. Highly recommend. 

2. Daisy Jones and the Six, by Taylor Jenkins Reid 

Of course this was going to make my list. Daisy Jones and the Six is a book made up entirely out of real interviews (that the group recorded over their time). Each character had a different voice actor, each actor felt like they were the actual person, it didn't feel like a recording, everything about it just felt faultless. You feel like you're being transported back to 70's LA, genuinely. Just, go listen to it, if you haven't already. 

3. Down Among the Sticks and Bones (Wayward Children #2), by Seanen McGuire 

Now, with this one (and the next one), it's not really about how much I enjoyed the audiobook specifically, but how much I just genuinely enjoyed the book itself. But, I don't regret listening to the audiobooks of these, (not just because I can't get them in my local Waterstones') but because of how quick a listen they were. Depending on how quick the speed is, they only take up to 3 hours of listening each! I don't know about you guys, but rarely can I read for 3 hours straight. Down Among the Sticks and Bones follows twins Jack and Jill in their magical lands. It's the first world we visit in the series, and even after 5 books, it's still one of my favourites. There are vampires, and it's all very dark and mysterious. But the best part about this world is the writing, and the way the narrator orchestrates the world with the way they speak. That's the best part about this audiobook for me. 

4. In An Absent Dreams (Wayward Children #4), by Seanen McGuire 

Honestly, I don't know why I enjoyed this so much. It's a book about a studious girl that disappears to a land make of deals and debts. It's a logical world, with owing and fingers crossed behind your back, and a book that I got completely sucked into. There's character development, which I loved to see, especially in a book that was as short as this. Although it's easy for the fourth book in a series to be a drag for the author, this is probably my favourite in the series so far. Eagerly awaiting book 6, which is due to be released early 2021. 

5. The House in the Cerulean Sea, by TJ Klune 

I read this last month, I don't need to reiterate how much I loved the audiobook. But I will anyway, because I love recommending books I loved! This book was just so damn cute! The message is so wonderful too, that you can always find the good in people, even if others perceive them as bad. The characters are so dear, I just want to hug each and every one of them! One of my favourite middle-grades ever, not just one of my favourite audiobooks! 

6. Twin Ambitions, by Mo Farah

Even though it wasn't Mo Farah himself that recorded this, I could still feel the energy in Arinze Kene's voice as I read about him growing up in difficult circumstances, to winning the Gold at the 2012 Olympics. I had already been a fan of Mo before reading this, but after demolishing Paula Radcliffe's autobiography in just a few days, I knew I needed more. Mo Farah's auto was everything that I needed. What I loved most about this audiobook was that I could almost feel the adrenaline as I listening to every challenge being overcome by the legend that is Mo Farah, against my own training journey. (I'm a runner too, though I'm nowhere near the level of him.) Again, eager to read some more Olympic athlete's autobiographies! (If you know any, comment down below!) 


Okay! So those are my favourite audiobooks! Of course, not everybody who sees this list is going to love each of these, because everyone has their own taste, but hopefully this helps if you are considering delving into your first audiobook! 

I hope you all have a lovely weekend and I will see you all next week! 

Byeeeee! 

-Abi xxxxxx



No comments:

Post a Comment