Wednesday 18 November 2020

End of the Year Book Tag

 Hey guys, this is Abi here, 

And because this tag is currently making the rounds on booktube, I figured now would be the perfect time to do this tag too! 

If you've followed this blog for a while, you know that I love making plans, so this is the perfect tag for me! 

Enjoy! 


1. Are there any books that you started this year that you still need to finish?

At this point of the year, there aren't any books that I've started that I still need to finish (aside from my current read). I'm not really the type of reader to put books aside to come back to them later, I'd just forget the whole plot! I prefer to either keep going until the point where I'm just bored, or I consider the book DNF'ed. 


2. Do you have an autumnal book to transition into the end of the year?

I don't have any particular books that I automatically pick up every year for the seasonal/end of the year, but here are some that I've read in the past:

Autumnal reads

1. Pumpkin Heads, by Rainbow Rowell and Faith Erin Higgs (graphic novel set on Halloween)

2. The Girl in Red, by Christina Henry (red riding hood retelling)

Christmassy reads 

The Harry Potter series' of course! 

(Need more Christmassy reads, please recommend me some guys!) 

3. Is there a new release you're still waiting for?

The Cousins, by Karen M. McManus! It follows cousins Milly, Aubrey and Jonah story when they are invited to work on their Grandma's island resort, despite never having met her, and barely knowing each-other. But their parents have made one thing clear: none of them can say no, for they were disowned by their grandmother when they were born- this could be an opportunity to get back into her good graces. But when they arrive on the island, it's clear she has other plans for them. And the longer they stay, the more mysterious they become. Whatever pulled the family apart all those years ago isn't over- and this summer, the cousins will learn everything. 
I kind of wish this had come out earlier in the year, because it feels more like a summer read, or a Halloweenish read, but I'm looking forward to reading it regardless. Karen M. McManus is an autobuy author of mine, I've always found her books quick and easy to fly through, but always engaging, with a twist at the end that I don't tend to see coming. Release date is 1/12/20. 


4. What are three books you want to read before the end of the year? 

My December is mostly filled up with a Christmassy series (you will know what series I'm talking about if you follow my Instagram) but there are still a few books that I want to get to. They are:

1. The Cousins, by Karen M. McManus- (As mentioned above.) 

2. The Lady's Guide to Petticoats and Piracy (Montague Sibling #2), by Mackenzie Lee- (I finished The Gentleman's Guide this month and loved it, so I want to be up to date on the trilogy, for the final release next year.) 

3. Darkdawn (The Nevernight Chronicles #3), by Jay Kristoff (I'm reading Nevernight now, so this would mean that I finish the series this year.) 


5. Is there a book you think could still shock you and become your favourite book of the year? 

Honestly, I doubt it, but there's always a chance! 

6. Have you already started making reading plans for 2021? 

Absolutely! I know what series' I want to try and conquer, some kind of idea what number I'll try and achieve for the Goodreads Reading Challenge, I'm looking forward to sharing them all with you! I won't disclose the list now, but there will certainly be a post planned for December! 

Comment down below whether you've started making reading plans for 2021 too and if so, what they are! 


Okay! So that's the "End of the Year Book Tag!" 

As always, anyone who wants to do this tag, can! You're welcome to try it if you want to! 


Right, that's all I have for you today, so I'll see you all soon! Enjoy your reading and I'll see you very soon! 

Byeeeee! 

-Abi xxxxx




No comments:

Post a Comment