Monday 30 November 2020

November Wrap Up (2020)

 Hey guys, this is Abi here,

And it's finally the end of November! I don't know about you guys, but it feels like it's gone snail pace for me! 

But, the end is near, and it's time for my November Wrap Up (2020)! 

Enjoy! 


Honestly, this month has kind of been all over the place. I started off the month really solidly, I was knocking out books left and right. But then I just couldn't stay motivated to read! 

1. Starsight (Skyward #2), by Brandon Sanderson

After waiting a further six months after the release of the hardback, of course I was going to start the paperback as soon as I could. After absolutely loving Skyward, I was so excited to pick this up and it did not disappoint. I admit it took a different direction to what I was thinking, but it did not take me long at all to fly through this. I'm trying not to think about how long I have to wait for the paperback of the third novel, but that is a wait I am willing to do, because Starsight was fantastic. (Despite the Skyward series being Sci-fi instead of Sanderson's usual fantasy.) 

2. Saga: Volume Five, by Brian K. Vaughan & Fiona Staples 

3. Saga: Volume 6, by Brian K. Vaughan & Fiona Staples 

4. Saga: Volume 7, by Brian K. Vaughan & Fiona Staples 

5. Saga: Volume 8, by Brian K. Vaughan & Fiona Staples 

6. Saga: Volume 9, by Brian K. Vaughan & Fiona Staples 

I know... I took a week and marathoned the last four issues of Saga (that are currently out). I'm now caught up, and just as heartbroken as the rest of the fans are. I know I haven't been a fan of these volumes for as long as the rest of you all, like some people have been waiting literal years for another issue to be released. All I can do is wait in hope that that volume 10 is released sometime next year. 

7. The Gentleman's Guide to Vice and Virtue (The Montague Siblings #1), by Mackenzie Lee 

It takes a really good book to pull me from my Saga reading slump, but somehow The Gentleman's Guide to Vice and Virtue did it. I don't know what it is about this book but I just got stuck in. The time period felt very accurate, I absolutely adored the characters, I was invested from the start, and I was surprised by how protective I grew of our misfit Montague crew. Everything about this book was wonderful (apart from the characters I want to punch and throw in the lake). I highly recommend this if you feel like reading an LGBT historical fiction full of characters too wonderful for words. 

8. Nevernight (The Nevernight Chronicle #1), by Jay Kristoff 

This... slowed me down so much. It was such a struggle to get through the first 150 pages, like it was painful. Mainly because of the writing style, which I always knew I'd have trouble with, but once I got past the first 150 or so, it slowly got better! In hindsight, it was better than I thought at the time, but I still had a fair few problems with it. I'm not going to lie, if someone told me that it would take over 100 pages to get into this, I might not have picked it up (but the ending kind of redeemed the start). Aside from that, I was expecting more violence, cos assassin school. But overall, a fairly decent read. Check out my review if you want my in-depth thoughts!


9. Godsgrave (The Nevernight Chronicle #2), by Jay Kristoff
I finished this today! Despite this book taking me 8 days to finish, I absolutely liked it more than Nevernight! Don't ask me why, because even though there was still a clear plot, a clear premise, so many more plot points came into play. There were also a lot more characters, and even though it was hard to keep track of all of them, the problems were smaller, and less noticeable. The characters I met in this book will be hard to forget honestly. There was also more violence, which I was happy about. I loved getting to see more of the world, and I have no idea what is left of the world, but there will undoubtedly be more to see in the third book. (Which I will start in December.) 

Okay! So those are the books that I finished this month! I hope you enjoyed reading about them and as always, feel free to comment below about any of them! 
I hope you have a wonderful evening and I'll see you all soon with my December TBR (2020)! 
Byeeeee! 

-Abi xxxxx


2 comments:

  1. I just read Saga Volume 1 in November. I'm very excited to continue with the series, and happy to see you enjoying them! I read Nevernight forever ago. I'm not sure why I haven't picked up God's Grave yet. You've reminded me how much I love being in that world!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you're going to continue with Saga, they're all as amazing as the first! The Nevernight Chronicle is a series I've wanted to read for years, which is why I'm reading them all now! I really enjoyed Godsgrave, so if you do decide to pick it up, I hope you enjoy it!

      Delete