Wednesday 16 December 2020

Series TBR (2021)

 Hey guys, this is Abi here, 

And because I finished all the series' on my 2019 (and 2020) TBR, it's time for a new list! 

I've been wanting to read these for years, so it's high time I got to them! 

There's nothing left to say now except, enjoy! 


1. Throne of Glass series, by Sarah J Maas 

I tried to read this series about 5 years ago and for some reason it just didn't sit well with me. 5 years later, when a whole load more books have been released, and I'm giving it another go. I hate leaving series' unfinished and even though I've left it really late, I'm determined to see it through. Throne of Glass is about a notorious assassin Celaena Sardothien, who has to compete in a tournament against 23 other killers to win her freedom and work under the king. But there are secrets hidden amongst the castle, secrets plays at work. But there is so much hype surrounding this series, I need to know why. 

2. Percy Jackson series, by Rick Riordan 

Although I read maybe the first three of these iconic Percy Jackson books, I don't think I completed the entire series. So, this is the year I'm going to do it! When Percy Jackson's teacher tries to kill him, the truth comes out- he's actually the son of Poseidon. He's immediately sent to the one place his mother knows will be safe- Camp Half-Blood! It all kind of unravels from there, and Percy goes on a journey to find a stolen lightning bolt, along with his two new friends (whom I can't remember the name of!) 

3. Magnus Chase trilogy, by Rick Riordan 

Magnus Chase is actually the series I know the least about. The blurb states that Magnus Chase is a normal boy, living on the street that gets tangled up in a business with the Gods of Asgard. Maybe he has a relative that's a god, like Percy? I honestly have no idea, but I'm excited to find out. This one's a trilogy, so it shouldn't take me too long either. 

4. The Trials of Apollo series, by Rick Riordan 


If I want to read Rick Riordan, why not try for three individual series'? The "Trials of Apollo" series has just wrapped up and even though the fifth and final instalment came out in October, or November, sometime in those months, yet The Tower of Nero still won a category for the Goodreads Choice 2020 Awards, so if that doesn't mean I need to start to series, then I don't know what does. I've heard this series is action-packed and incredibly funny, but with more mature language, opposed to the Percy Jackson series, so I'm looking forward to reading about the mortal turned god Apollo. 

5. Poppy War trilogy, by R.F. Kuang 

I've heard nothing but fantastic reviews about the series and even though the third and final book got released a couple of months ago, I swear The Poppy War came out a couple of months ago. But the series is finished now, so I think it's time to start the series. Now, I don't know a lot about this, but I do know that it's based on the second Sino-Japanese war, and that there are a lot of adult themes, so if you're a young teen, or just entering into the genre of adult fantasy, this might not be the series for you. 


6. An Ember in the Ashes series, by Sabaa Tahir 


I've only read the blurb of An Ember in the Ashes, but I'm already entranced in where this story could go. The hype speaks for itself, I need to at least give this series a chance, if nothing else. The series speaks of slavery, a world where if you even raise a head, you and your family will suffer. This is the life that Laia leads, until the time that her brother is accused of treason, and she has a decision to make about whether she will do nothing, or dare to rise against royalty? I have no idea where the story will go after this, but I'm looking forward to finding out. 


Okay! Those are the series' I'm hoping to get to in the next year! I won't be doing a TBR Jar Challenge for 2021, because it would look pretty similar to this list!
So that's all I have for you all today, I hope you have a wonderful evening evening, and I'll see you all soon! 
Byeeeee! 

-Abi xxxx



No comments:

Post a Comment