Friday 11 December 2020

Anticipated Releases (Jan-March 2021)

 Hey guys, this is Abi here, 

And it's December, which means another Quarterly Anticipated Releases post! 

I always look forward to new releases and I'm excited to show you guys what releases I am currently awaiting for the next three months! 

Enjoy! 


January Releases

1. Lore, by Alexandra Bracken (5/1/21) 

Honestly, this sounds crazy amazing. Years ago, nine Greek Gods rebelled, and as punishment for this rebellion, Agon was created. Every seven years they are stripped of their immortality and are forced to fight off a herd of humans that want nothing more than to fell a God. We follow Lore (protagonist) as she creates a shaky alliance to join the fight, as she tries to hunt the man that killed her entire family- he is now a god. I don't know more than that, but it's been ages since I've read something like this, and I can't wait to see what I think of it. 

2. Be Dazzled, by Ryan La Sala (5/1/21) 

Completely different to the previous book, De Bazzled is an adorable LGBT contemporary, and I am here for it. It takes place at Comic Con- Project Runway is making an appearance, and Raffy knows this could be his big chance to show the world what he loves to do most- what he's given up everything for- his stitching, dazzling, sewing, and draping- his art. The only problem is, his ex boyfriend Luca is his main competition. Once upon a time they tried to make it work, but Luca's insecurities and Raffy's strife for perfection ruined their relationship. But when they're forced to work together for their biggest project yet, can he juggle those unresolved feelings and make his best work yet? When I heard about this, I was so excited! I can't wait for this to be released so I can get started straight away! 

3. Concrete Rose (The Hate U Give #0), by Angie Thomas (12/1/21)

What took place seventeen years before THUG. You best bet I'll be reading this as soon as I can get me hands on it. Maverick Carter is the protagonist, when Seven was born. A teenager, struggling to conker his addiction of drugs and the Gang Lords. 
It's an understatement to say that I absolutely can't wait.  

4. Across the Green Grass Fields (Wayward Children #6), by Seanen McGuire (12/1/21)

I read the first five books in this series in as many months this year, and although this might not be the first book I reach for from this list, you best bet it won't be long before I do. I might leave it for a while though- so I don't have to wait as long for book 7. As usual, the blurb for this is whimsical and vague, meaning I've barely learnt anything for this story from glancing at it. But with all of the books of this series, I'll be going in as blind as I can. All I know is, the world that we're about to enter into is about heroes. It also contains unicorns, and that's all I need. I'm excited to take my next step into the Wayward Children world. 

5. Neverland, by Meagan Spooner (28/1/21)

This one doesn't actually have a cover yet, but that doesn't matter. I thoroughly enjoyed Hunted when I read through the audiobook in September, and I'm eager to throw myself into Meagan Spooner's take on the classic tale, Peter Pan. No doubt it'll be unique and intense, and I don't think I've ever read a Peter Pan retelling. One thing's for sure, I'm looking forward to this release. 

February Releases 

1. Amelia Unbridged, by Ashley Schmacher (16/2/21) 

Amelia is obsessed with the famous Orman Chronicles, because it's what brought her and her best friend Jenna together. But when they get the chance to meet the author, N.E. Endsley at a book conference, they are over the moon. 
But when Jenna gets to go and Amelia doesn't, the pair evolve into huge fight, one like they've never experienced. And then, before Amelia gets the chance to apologise, Jenna is killed in a freak car accident. Devastated, Amelia begins to plan everything she planned for the future. 
But when a mysterious, rare edition of the Orman Chronicles arrives on her doorstep, Amelia thinks it may be a gift from Jenna herself. Tracking the book to an obscure bookshop in Michigan, she finds herself face to face with none other but the legendary N.E. Endsley himself, the reason for Amelia and Jenna's fight, and perhaps the clue as for what Jenna was trying to tell her all along. 
This book sounds heart-breaking and hopeful all at once honestly. I don't know what to make of it, but I'm curious.  

March Releases

1. The Bright and the Pale (The Bright and the Pale Duology #1), by Jessica Rubinkowski (2/3/21)

Seventeen-year-old Valeria is on the run from the Czar, after she was one of the few survivors of the freeze, a dark and magical hold that was placed over her hometown. Everyone, including her family is stuck, and she knows she must stay ahead if she is to survive. Valeria finds refugee with the Thieves Guild, doing odd jobs with her friend Alik, the only piece of home she has left. 
Until he is murdered. Or so she thought. 
A year later, she finds him being held hostage, against his will. To buy his freedom, she must lead a group of cutthroats and thieves on a perilous journey to the very place she once escaped from. Only something sinister lurks there... 
This sounded like an exciting middle grade that I wanted to get my teeth into, and I'm looking forward to it. The cover is gorgeous too! 

2. She's Too Pretty to Burn, by Wendy Heard (30/3/21) 

A summer romance- with dead bodies. Inspired by The Picture of Dorian Gray, She's too Pretty to Burn follows Veronica, who is bored of her photography as the summer in San Diego draws to a close. Her best friend Nico is insatiable, subversive and obsessed with chaotic art. They're photographers first, best friends second. But that was before Mick: the perfect subject, Veronica's dream girl. The days are long and hot, and soon the two girls are falling in love. Falling in love so hard, they don't imagine what comes next- one fire, two murders. Three drowning bodies, one suspect and a stalker. This is a summer they won't survive. Sounds interesting? Yeah, that's what I thought too. 


Okay! Those are all of the Anticipated Releases I have for you today! I hope you enjoyed reading about them, and feel free to comment your anticipated releases in the comment below! 

I hope you have a wonderful day and I'll see you all soon! 

Byeeeee! 

-Abi xxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment