Friday 5 August 2022

August TBR (2022)

 Hey guys, this is Abi here, 

And I'm back with my August TBR (2022)! 

I haven't been doing these recently, because I know that all I'll be reading is one particular series. 

But I'm due to finish that sometime this month, so I'm able to start reading others books again (thank God, there are so many I need to catch up on)! 

Here's what I plan to read this month. 

I hope you enjoy it! 


1. Seasons of War (Skulduggery Pleasant #13), by Derek Landy 

2. Dead or Alive (Skulduggery Pleasant #14), by Derek Landy 

3. Until the End (Skulduggery Pleasant #15), by Derek Landy 

I have to read an average of 62 pages a day to finish these before the end of the month. Obviously I'm going to finish them before that, else I wouldn't be writing this TBR. I'm having a wonderful time making my way through this series, and I'm trying not to think about how these are the last three books. (Thankfully I still have a lot to read at the moment.) But right now, I'm savouring every moment I have with these characters. 


4. The Thursday Murder Club (Thursday Murder Club #1), by Richard Osman 

5. The Man Who Died Twice (Thursday Murder Club #2), by Richard Osman 

I read The Thursday Murder Club a couple of years ago and fell in love. I just love the idea of eighty-something year olds investigating murders behind the scenes, and then surprising the cops because they've figured it out first. That, and the comedy that comes from having an eighty-something year old as a protagonist. I love it. Can't wait to continue on with the series, especially when the release of book three is just around the corner. 

6. ... I haven't decided yet. 

I've been so focused on reading Skulduggery Pleasant, that I haven't stopped to consider what I'd read after finishing it. I have a few books that I'm considering after SP and The Thursday Murder Club books, but nothing is set. 

My ideas are: 

1. Early Departures, by Justin A. Reynolds

This is my last standalone book on my "Want to Read" shelf on Goodreads, and I'm eager to get to it. 


2. Off the Record, by Camryn Garrett/ As If On Cue, by Marisa Kanter

Both anticipated releases from last year. Both have stuck out from the others, that I can't seem to get out of the back of my head. 


3. Continue on with the Life is Strange graphic novel series, by Emma Vieceli. 

There are now four volumes that I need to read. 


I'll decide in due course as for what I want to read the most, I guess. 



Okay! That's my August TBR (2022)! I hope you enjoyed it, as always comment down below what you're going to be reading in the next month, and I'll see you all very soon! 

Byeeee! 

-Abi xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment