Wednesday 31 August 2022

August Wrap Up (2022)

 Hey guys, this is Abi here, 

And I'm back with my Wrap Up for the month!

I hope you enjoy it. 


I read a total of four books in the month, but honestly, I don't care, because I finally finished the Skulduggery Pleasant series! (And they were pretty hefty books too!) 

1. Seasons of War (Skulduggery Pleasant #13), by Derek Landy 

In a nutshell: A gang of heros go on a private mission to another dimension to kill a bad guy (Mevolent- dead in their reality, very much alive in the other one and planning to shunt over to their reality and take over). Chaos ensues, one of my absolute favours of part 2 (I'll be referring to the second part of the Skulduggery Pleasant series as part 2). This was one of my favourites to date, and I think it still is, even after reading it through a couple times because, there's a clear goal, some epic fighting and characters and there's a clear start and end, like some of the typical earlier books in the series. 

2. Dead or Alive (Skulduggery Pleasant #14), by Derek Landy 
This one sat differently with me. After absolutely loving Seasons of War I was hesitant as for what direction this was going to go. Of course I loved it, as I do all of Derek Landy's books, but it wasn't a stand out. My opinion of part 2 was that they just kept getting better and better, and although this was awesome, I wasn't totally blown away. 
Nevertheless, I liked the fact that the darkly brothers had a lot more book time. They had become a lot more noticeable in Seasons of War, but in DOA was when I really became invested in them, like I wanted to keep reading about them, Omen especially. Solid book in the lead up to the final. 

3. Until the End (Skulduggery Pleasant #15), by Derek Landy 
And finally, book 15! The book I had been waiting for for over a decade, and it was finally in my hands. And honestly, it was just as amazing as I hoped it was going to be. Obviously I'm not going to spoil it, but the chapters were explosive and fast paced, (though there was still plenty of great humour and heart-to-hearts, (I literally laughed out loud at some points). 
Genuinely, as relieved as I am to finally be at an end of this series (not spoiling anything), it's been an amazing ride. I'm so happy that I decided to do a full read-through of this series (even if reading it on and off has taken four months). 
I'll miss you Valkyrie, Skulduggery, Tanith, Omen, Auger, China, Ghastly, Temper, Never, Militsa, Xena and all of Valkyrie's family. Love you guys. 

4. Life is Strange Vol 3: Strings (Life is Strange Comics #3), by Emma Vieceli 
Just when I think that I know where this series is going, it throws me through a loop. As always, very loyal to the videogame, I didn't for a second believe that this was the same Max from the game. Chloe and Rachel were very believable too, and honestly, I think this one was my favourite so far. Very much looking forward to receiving the fourth volume for my birthday in a couple of weeks. 


    Okay! Those are the books I read this month! 
I'm glad I got through as many as I did (they had large page counts, okay)? 
And I'm excited to read another pile in September! 

Right! That's all I have for you guys, as always, comment what you read/ got up to this month and we'll talk in the comments! 
I hope you have a wonderful day and I'll see you all soon! 
Byeeeee! 

-Abi xxxx


No comments:

Post a Comment