Friday 7 July 2023

July TBR (2023)

 Hey guys, this is Abi here, 

And I'm back with my July TBR for 2023! 

Since I didn't get to a lot of books last month that I wanted to, a fair few are being brought over to July. So if you don't want to read about that, then turn off here. 

For the rest of you, thankyou for continuing. There are some new books on here, just not a great many. 

I hope you enjoy. 



1. Theatrical, by Maggie Harcourt

Having realisted how behind I was on my reading last month, I completely abandoned an idea of a re-read last month, and realising I needed to choose one, I went with the light-hearted theatre romance that I read and loved a few years back. It's always nice to read a book that takes place in a theatre (that isn't a dramatic murder mystery), especially when the protagonist is stationed behind the scenes. Looking forward to reading this again (cos I can't remember most of it, so it'll be like I'm reading it fresh, for the first time again). 

2. The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo, by Taylor Jenkins-Reid 

The book that I never seem to get to! This is the month! I will read this after my CR, you see if I don't! This is basically about a (more-or-less) unknown journalist, writing the entire life-story of Evelyn Hugo, the shenanigans, the rise and fall of her tremendous career, and of course, her husbands! Most of the world that have picked this book up (and there's a great many that have) have absolutely loved it, and I'm curious as for why. Can't wait to start. 

3. Amari and the Night Brothers (Supernatural Investigations #1), by B.B. Alston 

4. Amari and the Great Game (Supernatural Investigations #2), B.B. Alston

Last month, I was meant to have read Amari and the Night Brothers in preparation for book two, but this month I'll be reading both. I thoroughly enjoyed book one a few years past upon release, it was a light-hearted yet gripping, entertaining read and I can't wait to re-emmerge myself into this amazing world and see what happens next in the second book!

5. A Man Called Ove, by Fredrik Backman 

I decided to skip everything onto this because it's short and snappy, and I could probably get a lot read on a train journey (I've been on a train for just under three hours today). Right now, on day 1, I've read just over 100 pages. I can't remember the last time I did that. 
I've already got some notes because I KNOW it's going to be a favourite of the year (and a review- haven't decided on whether to make it a non-spoiler review or not). But I'm extremely happy to have picked this book up and I can't wait to share my thoughts on it. 

Okay! Those are all the books I plan to read- I would have added another one if it wasn't already a week into the month- but who knows, maybe I'll finish them all in record time?
Anyway, I hope you have a wonderful evening, be sure to comment your TBRs down below, and I'll see you all soon! 
Byeeee! 

-Abi xxxxx



No comments:

Post a Comment