Sunday 2 July 2023

June Wrap Up (2023)

 Hey guys, this is Abi here, 

And I'm back with my June Wrap Up for 2023! 

Admittedly, I didn't get to a lot last month, so this will be a very short post. But hopefully that means I'll make short work of it. 

I hope you enjoy it. 


1. The Seven Deaths of Evelyn Hardcastle, by Stuart Turton 

I read this for the first time a few years ago, and a few months ago, it came into the back of my head and stayed there. So, unable to ignore it any longer, I picked it up again, knowing I was going to really enjoy it, but hoping I could finish it a little quicker this time around (re-reads usually take me less time- it took me ten days on attempt one). 
That's not what happened. 18 days in, I finally finished, and that's only because I managed nearly 140 pages with an extra special effort. The funny thing is, I still managed to enjoy it. But I think it'll be at least another couple of years before I attempt this again. 

2. Clementine, Book One, by Tillie Walden 

This wasn't on my original TBR for the month, but I bought this in early June, and I needed something quick and easy after the long slog that was The Seven Deaths of Evelyn Hardcastle. Also, I couldn't resist starting another videogame turned graphic novel series, especially since I finished the Life is Strange graphic novel series at the start of the year. In Book One, we follow Clementime once more, alone, trying to navigate north with a prosthetic leg. It's a solid start, and I'm excited to continue with the second volume upon it's release in October, but it wasn't especially ground-breaking, if I'm being honest. Solid start to the series though. 

3. Scrappy Little Nobody, by Anna Kendrick 

I've had three audiobooks just sat, waiting to be read on my audible app, ranging from a few weeks to a couple of years, and I decided I'd start listening to them every couple of months. Scrappy Little Nobody was up first. 
I've always loved how well-rounded Anna Kendrick is- with her background in Musical Theatre, her comedic timing, the way she just stands out in every film I've ever seen her in, I knew this was a book I wanted to pick up soon. Extremely honest and witty, I thoroughly enjoyed the way Anna Kendrick talked tales from her childhood, getting into the acting world through theatre, breaking into the industry and stay afloat financially, and everything that came afterwards. 
It was amazing to get to listen to her narrate her story, if anything I think it's made me an even bigger fan than I was before (if that's possible). 
Now, I think I'm going to go and watch the Pitch Perfects, Into the Woods, What to Expect, A Simple Plan and Up in the Air. Again. I hope you all have a good night. 


Okay! Those are all the books I've read this month! I'm hoping that July will be a lot better but who knows? I guess we'll see! 
I hope you have a wonderful night and I'll see you all soon! 
Byeeee! 

-Abi xxxx


No comments:

Post a Comment