Saturday 6 April 2024

April TBR (2024)

 Hey guys, this is Abi here, 

And I'm here with my April TBR (2024)! 

I don't have much else to say, other than that. 

So, without further ado, I hope you enjoy it. 


1. The Burning God (The Poppy War #1), by R.F. Kuang

I am currently 200 pages into this at the moment, just in part 2, and I am loving it. I think it's probably my favourite in the trilogy so far, but we'll see if that changes by the end. I know the ending to this will be big and unexpected, but I am ready for it. I'm hoping to finish this in the next week, and get some pages logged this weekend. 
I have absolutely loved every book in this trilogy, and I'm so glad I finally picked it up! 
Yellowface won't be far away, I'm sure. 


2. I Invited Her In, by Adele Parks

This is the priority of the month. Honestly, if all I manage to finish this month is The Burning God and I Invited Her In, I'm considering this month a success. 
I Invited Her In tells the story of Mel, who receives a message from her friend Abi, who she hasn't heard from in years, after dropping out of Uni. She needs a place to stay, to grieve, and move on from her cheating partner. 
So, of course, Mel offers her a place to stay. What could possibly go wrong?

I've heard so many good things about this novel, and I'm excited to finally be getting to it. I'm hoping it'll be just what I need after the turmoil of The Burning God, and there's no question, I need to read this book in April.

3. Sheltering Rain, by JoJo Moyes 

Another book, that I borrowed the same time as I Invited Her In, but a very different book, and less of the 'I need to read this book now', but more 'I want to get to this soon' kind of feeling. Written by the amazing JoJo Moyes, author of Me Before You, my expectations are high. 
Sheltering Rain takes place over three generations, with twenty-one-year-old Joy, who meets handsome naval officer Edward at an ex-pat party in 1950s Hong Kong, when they are quickly wedded and ready to travel the world; Kate, their daughter, when she mysteriously flees the family home in the 1980s; and fifteen-years after that, when their granddaughter Sabine leaves London, in pursuit of the grandparents she knows nothing about. But the deeper she searches, mysterious secrets come to surface. Some secrets that should keep buried... 

This reminds me very much of the Seven Sisters' series, except with less of the back and forth, which is one of the reasons why I picked it up, and it's been ages since I've read a JoJo Moyes book, much less her debut (I read the blurb). Looking forward to deliving in. 

4. The Goodbye Cat, by Hiro Arikawa

This book has been staring me in the face for four months, and it'll be the first one I pick up after reading the ones I absolutely have to. 
The Goodbye Cat is a collection of seven short stories about, you guessed it, cats. I saw this in an independent book shop in Stamford, and just fell in love. I asked me partner to get me one of three books I liked the look of, (the fact that he got me all three is besides the point), but this is the one I want to devour first, so on to the TBR it goes! 

5. The Murders at Fleat House, by Lucinda Riley 

Of course I couldn't resist purchasing this when I saw it. My Lucinda Riley love didn't die when I finished the Seven Sisters series, it actually did the opposite. The urge to read more of her books, from different time periods, different genres, is ever present. 
The Murders at Fleat House has nothing but amazing reviews, from people that have read a lot of her books, as well as people that haven't read a single one. 
I have no doubt that I'm about to be enthralled by the inevitable twists and turns that Lucinda Riley presents me with in this twisted thriller. 


Okay! Those are all the books I'm hoping to read this month! Honestly, even starting The Murders at Fleat House will feel amazing to me, but hopefully I manage them all! 
As always, feel free to comment your monthly TBR below, so we can chat about them!
I hope you have a lovely weekend, and I'll see you all soon! 

Byeeee!
-Abi xxxxx



2 comments:

  1. Hi. I Invited Her In and Sheltering Rain both sound like great books! I love thriller/mysteries and anything that reads through generations and people's lives!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! I've just finished I Invited Her In and loved it! Can't wait to jump into Sheltering Rain next.

      Delete