Monday 23 January 2017

January Book Haul (2017)

Hey guys, this is Abi here,
And originally I was going to do a review of Baby Doll- a book about the aftermath of having been taken for 8 years, but I wanted a break from reviews.
Then it came down to, what should I post about?
And it occurred to me that I hadn't done a book haul since October, so it was about time I post one!
So everyone, here is my January Book Haul (2017)!

January Book Haul (2017)
So over the past three months, I have bought a total of 7 books. Some of these I have already read and reviewed, and others I haven't. Here are the books on the list!
1. Harvesting of Heart, by Jodi Picoult
I only got this the other day, so I don't know much about it, but I know it involves a lot about a girl who's mother abandoned her as a child. This was years ago, but I'm assuming the memories about her past and her mum is going to be a big part of this, and that is what I'm excited for.

2. Blue Bloods (Blue Bloods #1), by Melissa de la Cruz
This was a book that I read in secondary school and, naturally, I still remember most of the details. Not much happens in this book, but there are like six in this series, so it's a nice start. It has mystery, discovery (a certain circle of people, when they turn 15/16 grow into themselves and become vampires) and a bit of murder. 302 pages, but a strangely addicting read. I do recommend this to anyone who likes any of those things I just mentioned. (Mystery, murder and an addicting read).

3. Paper Towns, by John Green
I've already read and reviewed this book so this one shouldn't come as much of a surprise- you can check out my review on Page Pandemonium (2016)! I did quite enjoy this, because of the quirky characters and the fun-loving premise :) . You guys probably know what this book is about because there was a film released at some point last year.
4. The Dream Thieves (The Raven Boys #2), by Maggie Steifvater

5. The Raven King (The Dream Thieves #4), by Maggie Steifvater
I found the Dream Thieves in a charity shop somewhere, but since I had already read and reviewed the first one in the series, I decided to get the second, in case I ever felt the urge to continue on the series.
I also got The Raven King because I thought I might as well marathon the series. As for the third book in the series, Blue Lily Lily Blue, that book is in my local library. I'll get book three in the series at some point, but for now, three out of four is good. Because these covers are beautiful!

6. Baby Doll, by Hollie Overton
This is the book I was going to review today. This book is about a girl that has been held captive for 8 years, locked away from the world, unable to leave, but then her captor leaves the door unlocked. This book is about the aftermath of the kidnap. It jumps from character to character, which gives you the whole picture. I started it late evening, and finished it the following morning. That's how good it was.

7. The One Memory of Flora Banks, by Emily Barr
I got this one the same time as Baby Doll (which was just over a week ago), so I haven't read this yet. But I've seen this advertised on the internet, and it does look really intriguing. I'm genuinely looking forward to reading this. It's about a girl who has amnesia. She can't remember anything that's happened, whether it be from last week or last year. But then something happens, and the next day she remembers it. That's as much as I know, but it looks like it'll be a quick and easy (and interesting) read.
8. Wayfarer (Passenger #2), by Alexandra Bracken
I actually almost forgot to add this to my haul! I bought this the day after I finished Passenger- it's the last book in the Passenger duology, and I am currently reading this now. I hope to finish this by the end of the month, and my review will follow soon after. I am also looking forward to seeing how this duology ends!

So that is my January Book Haul (2017)! I hope you enjoyed it, and if you have any thoughts about any of the books in this list, let me know in the comments!
I hope you all have a wonderful day and I will see you on Wednesday, when I will be posting my review of Baby Doll- I have a lot of thoughts on it!
Byeeee!

-Abi xxxxx














No comments:

Post a Comment