Monday 28 August 2017

Introducing... STRANGE THE DREAMER

Hey guys, this is Abi here,
And after getting this book yesterday, the first post that sprung to mind was an introduction, because I truly want to share how much I love this!
Enjoy!

Strange the Dreamer... where do I begin?
This was a book that was released...

*checks release date on the internet*

THE 29TH SEPTEMBER?!?!
(How long did I wait to buy this thing?)

just under a year ago.

And for some reason, after finding out that Laini Taylor was releasing a new book, I was immediately drawn to it, even though I'd never even attempted to read the Daughter of Smoke and Bone trilogy.
But something about this book just seemed to draw me in.

Also, can I just talk about the cover? It's just so beautiful that I couldn't help getting the hardcover, instead of waiting for the paperback next year.

Aside from that, this book has been getting nothing but fantastic reviews since it was released, and even though this means that I have high expectations, the fact that I'm going into this book knowing absolutely nothing other than what the blurb tells me, hopefully that'll help me not to expect too much from a book by an author that I haven't attempted yet.

Here's all I know about the book at the moment, as well as the cover:
"THE DREAM CHOOSES THE DREAMER,
NOT THE OTHER WAY AROUUND- and
Lazlo Strange, war orphan and junior librarian,
has always feared that his dream chose poorly.
Since he was five years old he's been obsessed with
the mystic lost city of Weep, but it would take
someone bolder than he to cross half the world in
search of it. Then a stunning opportunity presents itself, in the person of a hero called the Godslayer and a band of legendary warriors, and he has to seize his chance or lose his dream forever.

What happened in Weep two hundred years ago
to cut it off the rest of the world? What
exactly did the Godslayer slay that went by the
name of God? And what is the mysterious problem
he now seeks help in solving?

The answers await in Weep, but so do more
mysteries- including the blue-skinned goddess
who appears in Lazlo's dreams. How did he dream
her before he knew she existed? And if all the gods
are dead, why does she seem so real?"

That's pretty much all I know about the book, but one thing I can't WAIT for is to divulge myself into this mysterious, fantasy filled world that Laimi Taylor had created.

Let me know in the comments if you have any thoughts about Strange the Dreamer, or if your just as excited to read it as I am!

If not, I hope you have a lovely day and I will see you all on Wednesday, with my August Wrap Up!
Byeeeee!

-Abi xxxx



No comments:

Post a Comment