Wednesday 16 August 2017

What I Want To Accomplish By 2018

Hey guys, this is Abi here,
And as we are heading towards 3/4 of the way through 2017, I thought I'd make a list of all the book-ish things I want to do by the end of 2017!
Enjoy!

There are actually only three things that I hope to accomplish by the end of the year: two of which are book related, and the other concerns my writing!

1. Finish all the books on my TBR!
Yep! I will try to finish all the books on my TBR this year, which is the goal I said I would try to achieve at the start of 2017.
To consider there isn't a lot on my TBR at the moment. The odd couple of books that I need to read to finish series (such as The 5th Wave, Skuldugger Pleasant: Resurrection, and King's Cage); some series where I need to find one more books before I can marathon the series (TID & Mistborn), and literally this month's TBR. I also want to catch up on the new Dark Artifices series, but I can't do that until I finish The Infernal Devices, so TID is top priority.
As well as that, there are also the sequels that are set to be released in the next few months (like One Dark Throne for example). That isn't too much, and I am confident that I can read them all by the end of the year!
Series to finish:
-Book 2&3 of The 5th Wave
-Book 3 of Red Queen
-Resurrection, book 10 of Skulduggery Pleasant (re-reading the entire series before this one, can't wait)

2. To edit my manuscript as much as possible
I'm not going to strive to finish it completely, but I maybe want to get halfway, so I can start to look for beta readers in the new year, and start to contact literary agents. I'm currently 60 or so pages into editing out of 233 at the moment, so I've still got a long way to go. Wish me luck!

3. Read books by a number of specific authors:
So there are a number of authors that I have wanted to read for a while now, or some that I would like to read more of. There authors (or books, if there is a specific book for that author) are:
-History is All You Left Me, by Adam Silvera
-We Were Liars, by E. Lockhart
-Wonder, by R J Palicio
-The Sky Is Everywhere, by Jandy Nelson

So those are sort of the three main things that I want to accomplish by the end of the year. After finishing this month's TBR, all I'll have to read are the book to complete the series' I've yet to finish!

So that is all I have for you guys today! I hope you enjoyed it, and let me know what you want to accomplish by 2018 in the comments below!
I hope you have a wonderful day and I will see you on Friday!
Byeeeee!

-Abi xxxxx


No comments:

Post a Comment